Highlighted

Lightroom Mobile not importing photos from iPhone Camera Roll

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded to iPhone 11 Pro.  Prior to this upgrade, any image taken with the default iOS camera automatically appeared in Lightroom Mobile (the iOS app), and therefore soon it appeared in Lightroom Desktop as well (Lightroom Classic).  With the new phone, in the Lightroom App under SETTINGS>IMPORT the slider is "ON" for AUTO ADD FROM CAMERA ROLL / PHOTOS.  I would expect this to be the only setting associated with my issue.

However, when I look at ALL PHOTOS in Lightroom Mobile, my most recent images taken with the default camera app are not there.  The most recent are from my previous phone before I upgraded.

I can click the ADD PHOTOS icon in the lower right and select photos from Camera Roll to bring into Lightroom, but shouldn't the behaviour be automatic given the setting above?  I want every image (and video) that I take with the default app to come over to Lightroom Mobile.  Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lightroom Mobile not importing photos from iPhone Camera Roll

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded to iPhone 11 Pro.  Prior to this upgrade, any image taken with the default iOS camera automatically appeared in Lightroom Mobile (the iOS app), and therefore soon it appeared in Lightroom Desktop as well (Lightroom Classic).  With the new phone, in the Lightroom App under SETTINGS>IMPORT the slider is "ON" for AUTO ADD FROM CAMERA ROLL / PHOTOS.  I would expect this to be the only setting associated with my issue.

However, when I look at ALL PHOTOS in Lightroom Mobile, my most recent images taken with the default camera app are not there.  The most recent are from my previous phone before I upgraded.

I can click the ADD PHOTOS icon in the lower right and select photos from Camera Roll to bring into Lightroom, but shouldn't the behaviour be automatic given the setting above?  I want every image (and video) that I take with the default app to come over to Lightroom Mobile.  Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 26, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if this is the right answer, but here's what works for me:

After you enable the auto-add capability in settings, choose an album (I have one called "On The Go") and from the three dots menu in the list of albums, choose "Auto add from camera roll" for that album. You'll see "Auto Import" listed under the album name next to the photo count. 

Only one album can have this option set, if you enable it on a different album it disables it for the previous one. 

For me, the combination of:

1. Enabling auto add as a capability in settings, and

2. Turning the feature on for one designated album

is what does the trick. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 26, 2019 2
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to previous advice, please also check iOS Settings > Lightroom > Photos, and ensure Allow Photos Access = Read and Write.  It's possible for auto-import to fail when Auto Import is On in Lightroom app settings, and camera roll access is disabled in iOS Settings.  Maybe you restored from a backup of your old phone to the new iPhone 11, and this setting was not persisted for the sake of protecting your privacy?  I'll check with the team.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 29, 2019 0