• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Mobile not using watermark

Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I set a watermark on the mobile app by going to the settings > watermarking menu but it isn't showing up on any of the photos in the album I shared. My clients are downloading and sharing the photos on social media and there is no watermark.

In the watermarking menu, at the bottom, it says "enable or disable its us in More Options while sharing" but there is no "More Options" menu for me. What more do I need to do?

I'm attaching screenshots of all my menu options from my phone. IMG_9755.PNGIMG_9756.PNGIMG_9757.PNGIMG_9758.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Hi @rdemauro, 

Watermarks are only applied to images that are exported from Lightroom. Sharing an album will not apply a watermark. Sorry for any confusion.

You can request this as a feature here:  

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_lightroom_mobile

Please let us know if we can help answer any questions you may have. 

^Carissa 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Watermarking should work from the grid. Follow these instructions from my iPhone.

1. Click the three dots top-right
  2. Tap select
  3.  Select thumbnail
  4. Click Share button at the bottom
  5. Tap the settings button to the right of Export to Camera Roll
  6. Click More Options
  7. Activate Include Watermark
  8. Click the back button
  9. Click the checkmark
  10. Click Export to Camera Roll

Once set up it should work every time when you export to camera roll. You can share the watermarked copy from the Photos App.

IMG_0739.jpg

IMG_0741.jpg

IMG_0745.jpg

IMG_0742.jpg

IMG_0743.jpg

IMG_0742-9.jpg

IMG_0745-10.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

I had figured out htis way of adding the watermark, But quite frankly this is annoying. Its an extra step. 

You used to be able to turn on watermark and it would automatically add it to the image being shared to... instagram for example. Now I will actually have to export to my photos first, then share to instagram, and then delete the image. I am very much into non-distructive editing since I won't end up with many dublicate images all over the place. So I really don't see the point of having i

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good question, are you sharing via a link?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I shared it by inviting their email addresses but I don't see how that should make much of a difference. One would hope that the watermark shows up regardless of how someone makes their way to the album. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

As I never use Watermarks, it's not something I've paid much attention to, but if you search for 'Watermark Share' on the following forum, then you'll find others with the same request on which you can comment and vote.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_lightroom_mobile

In one of the replies Adobe employee Rikk says it's because it's not implemented across the whole cloud ecosystem (not cloud based) and this local to the phone I guess - the photos are shared from the cloud not the phone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @rdemauro, 

Watermarks are only applied to images that are exported from Lightroom. Sharing an album will not apply a watermark. Sorry for any confusion.

You can request this as a feature here:  

Please let us know if we can help answer any questions you may have. 

^Carissa 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you explain the logic behind that? It seems to me that if a photographer wants their photos watermarked, they would want them watermarked when they share them. What's the point of limiting it to just exported photos? 

So if I want to stay in the Lightroom CC environment to share my photo albums with people but want my watermark on the photo, I have to export the whole album to my phone and then reupload all those images and then share? That is really unwieldy. 

I followed your link to make the suggestion but it just brings me to the general Lightroom CC help page and I don't see where to suggest this clearly basic feature. I do see that there are a lot of other people who are as confused as I am as to why watermarking is so difficult in this software, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Lightroom Cloud Ecosystem is only just over two years old (if you don't include its forerunner, Adobe Revel) and they have prioritised other features ahead of Watermarks. I imagine the watermarking would have to be done at Cloud level and it's complex. It needs to be implemented though!

The engineering team monitor the other forum, so commenting on, voting on a thread or creating a new one can only help push to prioritise this. They don't always seem to prioritise in number of votes order though.

This forum is mainly a user to user forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2020 Mar 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello... I got Lightroom cc as a paid subscription solely for the purpose of being able to add watermarks in an easy way from my mobile phone… Which is an iPhone X.

I am absolutely stunned that Adobe Lightroom makes this very basic function a nightmare!

as of this morning I have yet to be able to export either a single photo or an album using this feature. I have the watermark clicked To be on yet when I go to export the photo or photos it simply does not hold. Photographers need to protect their work! Come on Adobe… This is a very basic function. Any other suggestions by anyone here who has figured this out? While I would prefer to send the files from my phone I would settle for any platform at this point…

Thanks for all your help

Leslie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot figure out how to find the enable watermark option either. I have tried exporting photos to my phone over and over and there is no option to apply the watermark. Where on earth is it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I discovered it was necessary to activate the button – highlighted on image below - and then go into more options. It now works every time. Have you tried exporting to camera roll and then sharing from there via email, web etc?

Let us know if that makes a difference.

CamRoll.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe I'm not getting the entire image, I don't see anything highlighted on the image. I have tried exporting to camera roll over and over but no watermark and no option to activate it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're on a phone and viewing the forum, try rotating to landscape orientation.

thanks,

Ignacio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. Finally figured it out. It only gives the option if chosen from the gallery view share button, not when viewing one photo and choosing share. And only stays selected for that one time. What a convoluted way to make a simple task very confusing and difficult. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly!

This should be a very basic function adobe!

It is precisely, and really the only reason, I am paying for a subscription is to have this watermark capability.

You have everything set up in this program to indicate that this function is available… and YET  nine if it holds when exporting. Why is this so difficult? I have spent hours on this so far.

If anyone knows of any updates please post here...thank you.

-Leslie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Watermarking should work from the grid. Follow these instructions from my iPhone.

1. Click the three dots top-right
  2. Tap select
  3.  Select thumbnail
  4. Click Share button at the bottom
  5. Tap the settings button to the right of Export to Camera Roll
  6. Click More Options
  7. Activate Include Watermark
  8. Click the back button
  9. Click the checkmark
  10. Click Export to Camera Roll

Once set up it should work every time when you export to camera roll. You can share the watermarked copy from the Photos App.

IMG_0739.jpg

IMG_0741.jpg

IMG_0745.jpg

IMG_0742.jpg

IMG_0743.jpg

IMG_0742-9.jpg

IMG_0745-10.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

O.M.G.!!!! It worked!! I've spent about five or six hours on this issue. Thank you for a 10 step process to watermark one photo!!

It's been a few days since you posted this… I thank you. Since then have you discovered that it is possible to select multiple photos for watermarking and, also, is it possible to export it to a platforms such as word press directly?

Thanks again for all your help. I can't believe a singular photo now has a watermark on it after all this time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 08, 2020 Mar 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to export multiple photos without the need to go into "more options" again. I don’t know of any direct interface with Wordpress. Have you tried searching for an app? Then you may be able to export to camera roll and then upload from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2020 May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to the newest version of Lightroom CC mobile app and now my watermark feature isn't working. I can get to step 5, but when I click "export to camera roll" it just exports it, I don't get steps 6-10. What am I doing wrong? Is it a problem with the new Lightroom version? Ugh...I'm having so many problems with this mobile app lately. It's not worth the money!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 10, 2020 May 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you clicking on the button (step 5)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had figured out htis way of adding the watermark, But quite frankly this is annoying. Its an extra step. 

You used to be able to turn on watermark and it would automatically add it to the image being shared to... instagram for example. Now I will actually have to export to my photos first, then share to instagram, and then delete the image. I am very much into non-distructive editing since I won't end up with many dublicate images all over the place. So I really don't see the point of having it in my photos library unless I specificatlly want to do that. 

Is there no way of sharing and having the watermark like it USED to be?

Edit: My bad, apparently after you turn on watermarking and tap on the check mark it takes you to the menu where you can in fact share it directly to social media. So ignore the above. 

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines