• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Mobile option Sync only over WiFi still using cellular data

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I took a lot of pictures with the camera app of Lightroom Mobile in RAW format. After a while LR Mobile transfered a total of 770MB of data over cellular data net. In the settings of LR Mobile the swith Sync only over WiFi ist turned on so I was sure the pictures will be transfered when I am back home in the range of my WiFi net. But this switch does not have any useful function.

What else can I do to work with LR Mobile camera without draining all my monthly cellular data volume?

I'm using LR Mobile v.2.3.3 on an Android 7.1.1 device (LG Nexus 5X).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to Lightroom for mobile & Apple TV

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi dirkm,

Please turn off the Lightroom mobile app from the cellular data settings.

Also, refer: Lightroom for mobile: Used cellular data (a lot!) when it was set to only use WiFi | Photoshop Famil...

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

this doesn't make any difference, LR Mobile is still transfering data via cellular net. And I have Android not IOS. In Android I cannot complete disable/forbid cellular connection for one special app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here are two screenshots. In the first screenshot you can see that cloud sync ist paused because I'm not in the range of a WiFi net and the option Sync only over WiFi is turned on. In the second screenshot you see the limited options of celluar data connection for Lightroom app in Android. As you also can see there were nearly 50MB of data transfered for the four test picture I took a few minutes ago.

1804-2017-014120328321189867.jpeg1804-2017-012720477621587969.jpeg

In my opinion there is a huge bug in the Lightroom app for Android regarding the Sync only over WiFi switch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines