• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Mobile Photos Gone

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2015 Jun 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today I went to check my Lightroom Mobile photos synced to the Adobe cloud but couldn't get the Mac app to connect (it continuously said "waiting for connection"). I went to my iPad to check the photos from there and it told me I had no collections. I went over to my iPhone's LR Mobile app and when it first opened, all of my collections were there. Then it went to a loading screen and when it came back it said I had no collections. I had hundreds of pictures synced to the cloud so this is both incredibly frustrating and terrifying. Is this just a connection issue or did all of my photos some how get deleted?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 15, 2015 Jun 15, 2015

Did you connect a new Lr Desktop catalog to your account? Since Lr Mobile currently only supports one catalog at a time the previous connected catalog will be purged. In that case you should have recieved a caution allert within Lr Desktop. - Guido

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 410 Replies 410
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Puji,

I don't see any previous LR catalogs associated with the account ID you are using for this forum (I only see one 2 photo catalog created today).  I am guessing you may have used a different login previously?  If that's the case, trying logging in with that ID. Let me know if that helps.

-Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

peter, when LR suddenly sign out, I tried to sign in but by changing the password because I forgot the password before. does it matter? whereas the same email in the previous catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Changing the password or logging out would not cause the catalog to be deleted.  But I don't see that you had access this account with Lightroom previously.  I will contact you directly via email to try to figure out the issue here.

-Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is my email REMOVED

[personal information removed per policy - https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-3731]

[This is an open forum, not Adobe support, please do not post personal information]

[When a Staff person asks for private information hover your mouse over their name]

[you may then click the Message option in the popup window to send a private email]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2017 Jan 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter, can you help me? I sync my mobile photos with creative cloud then when I logged in with lightroom desktop all my photos were deleted. My email is (email address removed by host. Please do not post your email address in a public forum unless you really want Really like spam). There was more than 100 photos on my iphone. Thanks a lot. Sorry about my bad english.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter, I am also facing the same problem... I had to redownload the LR mobile app. When I logged in everything was gone including presets... I am trying to track how I can get those back because even if I can readd the presets all edited versions of the photos I had in there, I can no longer copy the edits to other photos... I have tried signing in with my facebook (personal email), google gmail, adobe ID which is still my personal email to see if thats the issue and went back through all those emails to look for something incase I'm signing into wrong account.. Can you help me? Happy to give you any information you need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 'photographer25'

If it's not too late, please see if you can use iTunes to recover Lightroom photos: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/recover-lightroom-mobile-photos-itunes-file-sharing.htm...

Unfortunately, this won't help with presets you created.  Backup of presets requires a Lightroom Premium subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2016 Jun 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter, I have just had this happen too, are you able to help at all? Many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 28, 2016 Jun 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Matthew,

I'll contact you offline and see what we can do.

-Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2016 Oct 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

I have the same problem I login in a desktop and my mobile catalog is gone

Theres is a way you can help me

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 06, 2016 Oct 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Geovanny,

I will email you a link to recover your original files from the deleted catalog.  I'll use the email address you've used for this forum. 

-Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2016 Oct 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peer, sorry to add to the deluge of people here, but I did the same thing and would like to recover the edits I had made to my files.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 10, 2016 Oct 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eugene,

Edit recovery will take a bit longer.  Will email you when it's ready.

-Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2018 Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Peter,

I've just found this forum and it seems to be the closest thing I've found to the problem I'm currently having. I haven't used my LR mobile (free version) app for a while but when I did go on it there was a little msg at the top saying that the free trial expired. First of all I never actually started it. But then I think I remember seeing that photos are being synced. Then next time I went on all my photos my presets everything was gone! How do I recover them? I had over 300+ photos there and around 25+ presets!

Please help! I've been at this for 2 days!

Kind regards,

Marina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Marina,

Unfortunately, I don't see any data on our servers or recent deletes.  It looks like the photos were never uploaded. 

Please try the following to see if you can find the data on your device:https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/recover-lightroom-mobile-photos-itunes-file-sharing.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/recover-lightroom-mobile-photos-itunes-file-sharing.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thank you for getting back to me. I was not using the cloud feature if that is what you mean.

Also, is there a similar link but for android users?

Kind regards,

Marina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, would it be possible to undo /reset my trial as I did not use it not did I consent to it being started. Please let me know if they is possible as I am wondering if perhaps that will undo the disappearance of my photos and presets!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please look for your photos in the directory path Android/data/com.adobe.lrmobile/files/carouselDocuments/ on your phone’s internal storage.

I can reset your trial, but if you don't want your photos in the cloud, that's not what you'll want to do. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid I have no access to a PC at the moment.

Can you tell me why it is that they all disappeared? So I can avoid it happening again. And if I buy the cloud subscription will I get it all back? As not all the photos that were edited were saved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marina,

Can you please explain that what exactly do you see inside Lightroom CC Android? Do you see counts of images and no thumbnails or do you see neither the counts nor the thumbnails?

Regards,

Arnab

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2018 Oct 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Arnab,

Please help me too. I had the Lightroom app on my mobile phone(Samsung J3) I was having performance issues with a lot of apps and had to delete and reinstall most of them. Upon reinstallation I have found my all my photos gone! Please assist me, my business heavily relies on those pictures I lost. I am devastated. Please help! I will do anything to get them back. Just please tell me you can access them.

Awaiting your feedback.

Anilla

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, would it be possible to get my photos and presets back? I got a new iphone and none of my photos are coming up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing just happened to me! Is there a way to recover the hundreds of photos that were in my Lightroom Mobile?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter mine are gone too.  I had an issue with mobile lightroom crashing on my iPhone 6s plus,  I deleted the app, reinstalled, all my raw files from 2015-2017 gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Black Swan,

If you browse to lightroom.adobe.com, you will see all the photos that you have on our server.  Unfortunately, it looks like many files were not completely uploaded.  We can't recover those files if you have deleted the app as it removes them from your phone at that point.  Hopefully you have another copy of those photos somewhere.

-Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines