• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Mobile "Open In" Not Working

Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2017 Sep 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using my iPhone 7Plus with Lightroom 2.8.2 I'm trying to open a photo in another app with the "Open In" command. It asks for a file size, small or Maximum, and then does nothing. I've tried to open multiple images in multiple different apps, and also tried it on my iPad as well. Is this a broken feature in Lightroom, or in the new iOS 11.0.1?

Anyone else experiencing this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 29, 2017 Sep 29, 2017

I tried the same device with iOS 11.0.1, also using the LR Mobile 2.8.2 app, and I can't reproduce the problem described.  I was able to Open In... to iCloud Photo Sharing, Notes, Facebook, etc.  Are you online and do you have access to the original image?  ie., can you successfully Export Original for the same image that is failing with Open In?

I did notice after I updated to iOS 11.0.1 that rebooting smoothed out a few strange issues I was seeing.  For example, the device wasn't showing me im

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the same device with iOS 11.0.1, also using the LR Mobile 2.8.2 app, and I can't reproduce the problem described.  I was able to Open In... to iCloud Photo Sharing, Notes, Facebook, etc.  Are you online and do you have access to the original image?  ie., can you successfully Export Original for the same image that is failing with Open In?

I did notice after I updated to iOS 11.0.1 that rebooting smoothed out a few strange issues I was seeing.  For example, the device wasn't showing me images I captured with the built-in camera in the new HEIC format until I rebooted.

If rebooting doesn't help you, perhaps try uninstalling/re-installing the app (after any current sync you might be doing is finished).  Maybe this will correct something internal that became corrupt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Charlie and Mike for both your inputs. Additional info...I've tried it with both images shot on the phone in Lightroom and images that were in sync'd catalogs. It seems to be app dependent.

I tried Charlie's advice, rebooted, and to my surprise it works (both small and Maximum size) in Notes, and Facebook. Then I tried a few other apps and they don't work - Outlook, Photoshop Fix, Photoshop Express, Pixelmator, Affinity

I also had a buddy test on his iPhone 7Plus as well and he got the same results. Now I'm more stumped as to if it's an OS issue, Lightroom, or 3rd Party app issue - although some of those 3rd party apps are Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for confirming that helped!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Part way there Charlie. Nice to know some of the functionality is working, unfortunately not what I really need it to be doing yet. Any further insight to the last post would be super helpful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still trying to reproduce the problem in any way, trying both Open In and Share from LR Mobile.  I've tried most of the apps you mentioned, and others, and they're all working for me. I'll keep at it.

While I continue to look into this, could you confirm things work as expected when sharing from others apps, for example  Apple's Photos app > to > Outlook, Photoshop Fix, Photoshop Express, Pixelmator, Affinity?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good suggestion. I tried from Apple Photo's and Google Photo's, and interestingly, apart from Outlook (which I was able to add with the More... button), the other apps (Photoshop Fix, Photoshop Express, Pixelmator) aren't even available in the list to add for sharing. Makes me wonder why Lightroom can see them but the other apps aren't aware of them. Gets me thinking it's more related to the OS. I was able to share from both apps to Outlook, which I couldn't do in Lightroom.

I'll be offline a while but may try uninstalling and re-installing LR later tonight although I don't expect that to resolve anything - especially after the latest observations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you’re trying to “open in” with maximum size, and the original isn’t on your mobile device, you’ll encounter a wait while the file is downloaded. This could take some time. Does the small size work reliably?

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines