• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Mobile Smart Preview vs. Original

Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My normal workflow is to upload my RAW files to my desktop and edit in Lightroom CC Classic. I have also synced a few collections so I can work on them on Lightroom Mobile. I've noticed that I only get smart previews on the mobile version - even after turning off "Only Download Smart Previews". This leads to odd pixelization sometimes (see attached photo). If I open the file up on my desktop after this it will momentarily show the pixelization before it updates and then looks correct. Is there any way to force using an original file or force the changes to sync on my desktop and update the smart preview (if that makes sense)?

25816.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 02, 2018 Oct 02, 2018

If you mainly use Classic and sync Collections then the best thing to do is to import the Originals into the cloud based Lightroom CC Desktop, which will overwrite the Smart Previews in the Cloud (keeping any edits). Test one maybe.

If you find you want everything in the Cloud then Migration may be an option, depending on your needs.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Classic can only sync Smart Previews to the Cloud, not RAWs or Full Res JPEGs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there some kind of workflow I can use to get the full/RAW on Mobile?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 02, 2018 Oct 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Selondon, Migration is an option if you want your entire library of image originals in the cloud, but there are tradeoffs in terms of storage space cost and also functionality of the clound-based LR CC desktop app. If you’ve migrated, then the desktop based LR CC Classic is now pretty much out of the picture.

If you have a limited number of originals you want to work with via mobile, or just imports going forward, importing them through the cloud based LR CC desktop (or through LR CC Mobile on a mobile device) is a good compromise.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you mainly use Classic and sync Collections then the best thing to do is to import the Originals into the cloud based Lightroom CC Desktop, which will overwrite the Smart Previews in the Cloud (keeping any edits). Test one maybe.

If you find you want everything in the Cloud then Migration may be an option, depending on your needs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I will give this method a try. Is there a way to import/migrate directly from LR CC Classic to LR CC Desktop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot import directly from Classic to CC, but you can Migrate Catalogs.

As Mike says though, Migration and moving to the Cloud is a big decision. The workflow, the lack of many features in CC compared to Classic, the Cost (per TB) and the question of whether you still want to use Classic (Adobe don‘t recommend using both together, although a few master it)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! I think, for now, I'll import pictures as needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines