Exit

Lightroom Mobile Sync with NAS

New Here ,
Sep 05, 2017 Sep 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I have a question.

I store all my Pictures on WD mycloud NAS and i editing the Pictures on my IMAC with Lightroom CC.

Now i tryed the lightroom mobile app on my Ipad Pro. This works very nice.

Is it posible to Export the Pictures from Lighroom Mobile to my NAS without the IMAC. Because for me is the IPAD PRO enought, so i would like to sell my IMAC.

Can anybody help me?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess it is possible but very inconvenient. From my understanding you have to save edits to Apple‘s Camera Roll which you could then export to a NAS. I still cannot understand, why Adobe does not offer a decent NAS integration with any of the wellknown brands. This could solve so many problems as for instance backups, slow sync between Lightroom mobile and Lightroom classic, Library access from Smart TVs etc..

Assuming, I am not the only monthly paying customer with this feature request I would like to know, why there is indecent NAS integration?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would assume it's because Adobe wants to push their own cloud service and have people pay for upgraded storage. I'm afraid it's as simple as that.

I recently got an iPad Pro and a home Cloud NAS; I've been working with the LR library on dropbox and all data on external hard drives to almost seamlessly being able to switch working on iMac, Macbook, ... My dream is that I could store all my data on my NAS (because we're talking terra-bytes of data, here - nothing I want to store locally on my iPad, for example, because it will eat up the internal storage SO fast) and only sync the library through Adobe CC, accessing the photos on the NAS from all devices, including remotely. Unfortunately I guess that will remain a dream, at least for now. At this point, for me Lightroom mobile is pretty pointless other than for the occasional snapshot the way it is.

I sometimes feel some of the implementations are just not with the professional user in mind. The hobby photographer, who takes a couple of pictures here and a few pictures there is probably perfectly fine with the Adobe Cloud, but anyone who does photography semi-professionally or professionally comes back with hundreds and thousands of pictures per shooting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am trying to have a seemless set-up with NAS for my photo catalog and images.  I have about 7TB of photos and want to implement a NAS system.  And I want to be able to move from my MacBook Pro to my iMac to my iPad seamlessly.  Any suggestions on how to do this?  My workflow now is my catalog resides on my SSD on my MacBook Pro and my RAW images reside on a 8TB external drive.  Not the best set-up.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Assuming you use Lightroom Classic, then the only way to view the whole Catalog on your iPad would be to make Collections and sync them all.

In the Cloud Based Lightroom you can store a copy of originals on a NAS but these would just be a mirror of what's in the Cloud. And 8TB if images would prove costly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree that Adobe would want push customers in the direction of their Cloud services, but I don’t think it’s as simple as that.

One of the ideas of Lightroom CC is that it reduces the issues that the less experienced users of Lightroom Classic face (missing photos & conflicts, wrong catalog etc.). I very much doubt that they would want to revisit this with offline uncontrolled storage in a Mobile environment.

Saying that though, LAN syncing has been rumbling as a possibility for quite a while, so a vote here: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lightroom_mobile_local_sync may push Adobe in the further direction of non Cloud Storage for Mobile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines