Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom mobile Sync

Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Sirs,

I,m a professional photographer and frequently use my iPad to edit my work on the go and really like the Lightroom Mobile for it but I have quite a quarrel.

I use it as a stand alone and never want to sync any photos but even when this feature is paused it influences my workflow.

when I want to export I always have one or two photos that it won't export due to some syncing problem.

How can I effectively disable it and not just pause this unwanted syncing.

best regards

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You posted this question wrongly in the Captivate fourm. Will try to move it to Lightroom forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like the Original (full res) is in the Cloud, with the Smart Preview (lower res) store locally. It probably requires the Original to export, so you will have to turn sync on to get this.

Two things you could do to help are, in Settings, Cloud Storage, turn off Only Download Smart Previews, this will keep more Originals locally. Although the best options is to select an Album and Store Locally, which will download all the Originals for that Album, although this will take up a lot more space on your device.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Selondom,

Many thanks for your advice but actually I download the hi-res photos directly to my iPad via a card reader so theres nothing to download.

As I usually edit my jpegs on the run and later at home I do my archive with the raws on my iMac I just want to work them locally.

Many thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

So, to understand your initial workflow, do you import directly into Lightroom via the card reader on the iPad?

Also. how do you get the edits from the jpegs, on Mobile, to the iMac RAWs... are they in Classic?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I work for a sports newspaper and usually shoot with jpeg and raw simultaneously and edit on the go by just importing the jpeg files directly to my iPad but I also import raw files occasionally when I need a  more extensive correction on some specific photos.

At home, with more time and attention, I import the raw files to a drive which I keep for archive and I do a more extensive edit using Bridge and ACR for the newspaper own archive.

With this workflow I use the Lightroom Mobile as a standalone platform and although I understand the capability and convenience to some users I would love to have an option to completely disable the sync function as simply pausing it just has the inconvenience that when exporting the images to any destination other than the Camera Roll option it stops due to some photo stuck in a sync.

IMG_414960B54D77-1.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines