• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom mobile taking up 5GB of space on iPhone with no photos

Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've loved using Lightroom mobile on my iPhone and iPad but I've noticed that after deleting all photos on my phone from Lightroom, the app is still taking up 5+GB of space. It's as if the Lightroom isn't releasing the iPhone and iPad memory. I've cleared the cache, and restarted the phone but my iPhone and iPad both are still reporting that Lightroom is taking 5+GB. I've logged into my Creative Cloud account and verified that I have no assets in my library. Any idea of what else to try?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am having this issue.  I just deleted a ton of photos from Lightroom Mobile, but my iPhone 7 does not show any difference in the gigabytes being used by the app in settings. The photos have been removed, but the app is taking up 10.35 GB of space on my iphone.

What is going on here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I plugged in my iPhone into my laptop and then looked in iTunes under my iPhone->Apps->Lightroom I saw that there was a 5GB directory shown. I copied this directory to my laptop and inspected it's contents. One of the sub-folders had a whole bunch of pictures that I had imported into Lightroom mobile but had since removed from my mobile collections and were not in the Lightroom Mobile "Lightroom Photos".

I ended up deleting Lightroom mobile from both my iPhone and iPad and then reinstalling. This deleted the folder I had found on my iPhone from within iTunes and thus Lightroom mobile is now taking up a reasonable amount of space. This is a workaround. I hope Adobe corrects the issue within Lightroom Mobile as I don't want to have to delete and reinstall Lightroom Mobile every couple of months.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I'm suffering from same issue. I'm using now Lightroom for iOS more and more due to HDR mode added during recent versions. I typically shoot a few dozens of pictures during the days collecting some 2-10GB of pictures, which I delete once I have synchronised everything with Lightroom Desktop and imported the pictures to offline storage. Despite seeing the pictures vanish from all synced devices Lightroom Mobile continues to occupy gigabytes of storage, trying to clear cache doesn't help.

Similarly, I can also see now via iTunes the Documents -folder with all the old photos since I reinstalled the app - following exact same findings above.

I contacted Adobe support and funny enough, these symptoms were known, and reinstall the app as a workaround seemed to be completely normal standard practise to solve the issue. Ehh????

Adobe, please fix this bug as it's indeed annoying to keep reinstalling the app all the time + also iCloud backups gets grown to dozens of gigabytes unless one disables backup for the specific app.

-p

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, interesting! I might have found better workaround - or then this issue was just fixed.

I reinstalled the app again seeing Documents & Data occupying 2MB or so as fresh install. I took random 35 pictures seeing the storage consumption to rise to 772MB. I then waited for the sync to complete, and this time instead of deleting the pictures from desktop Lightroom, I first cleared the iOS Lightroom cache via 'Clear Cache' option. To my surprise, this action did work now as expected, and I saw the consumption of Documents & Data to again hit 20MB or so.

So unless this was just fixed in latest point release, try to first release the storage by clearing caches BEFORE deleting any pictures. Only once this action is done -> remove / delete synced pictures or pictures from the device.

fullsizeoutput_cdb.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_cdc.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_cdd.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_cde.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same issue. 45 DNG images taking up 4.3gb of space?

Deleting and re-installing the app did nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobeIMG_5176.jpg
Same here with my iPAD pro, 9 images takes space177,62Gt space. I dont know what to do? I need it, but can't keep it, because it's like cancer and eats my space. Delete and reload?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 'johanwil' 

That is most definitely not expected.  Does re-installing help?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2022 Oct 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Originally had the same issue too. If on the iOS Lightroom mobile then you can go to your settings and click local storage. Hadn't done it before and found about 4 gb of data just chilling in there but you can click clear cache and it gets rid of it without deleting the app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 30, 2022 Oct 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Reinstalling Lr Mobile always solved this for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines