• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Tethering to an iPad pro

Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are they ever going to make it possible to tether to an iPad? I connected my z6ii to my iPad Pro last night the images come up really fast on the import screen you need to zoom to full size individually. This seems like the ability to tether to an iPad in Lightroom mobile would be a pretty simple software update fir Adobe. And a really awesome feature for us 

Idea No status
TOPICS
iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
40 Comments
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the new ipads adopting USB-C, are there any plans to bring tethering support to the mobile version of lightroom for the 2018 iPad pros?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Nov 09, 2018 Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The best place to make that a feature request is here:

Lightroom CC for Mobile devices | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am little lost in the amount of adobe forums. So this feedback.photoshop.com is a official place for feature request? What is the best way to really push something through? Like this iPad Tether option, which is reeeeeally missing! 🙂 Thanks for your time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes please! Can we try to accent it somewhere. This is really needed. I don't even own macbook (tabletop+ipad only), but have to borrow one for spec. shoots. And thats annoying since my iPad pro is faster, lighter, smaller... tenfolds at each. Could even connect it directly to tripod and have just one unit and save so much space when not brigning another lightstand. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes the photoshop.com sites are monitored by the engineering team, they don't give updates on the priority of requests though. 

These forums are mainly User to User forums, although some staff are present.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can we please have a way to tether from Lightroom Mobile to iPad pro? Corded not wireless, so we can transfer RAW files? Or maybe be able to install Lightroom Classic on the iPad Pro so we can have the tethering option available from LR Classic at least?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Merging into primary thread

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tethered shooting straight into Lightroom on iPad would be great. Can you please add that? 

(Honestly it feels like Adobe never checks on this forum at all, so I'm not holding my breath. Looking for alternatives in the meantime instead)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PLEASE!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would love to see a Wi-Fi based tethered shooting option for lightroom on my iPad Pro. With my Sony a7sIII, I can already tether-shoot wirelessly and instant-transfer the images with the Monitor+ app, I just need to then import them into lightroom. It would be nice if I could just do it all in Lightroom.

Actually, what would be better than a live-feed monitor would be something simpler like if Lightroom could connect to the camera with a QR code, so it can just do the instant file transfering to my iPad, so I can review/edit stills in nearly real time.

I know we still don't have tethered capture over USB on desktop yet, but it's fun to dream. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2022 Sep 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning, just plain and simple I'd like to request a feature similar to what capture one just put out and be able to tether directly into my iPad using Lightroom mobile. If you add camera controls then you have them beat.

Thank you!

Best,

Fredo

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please Please Please! i dont want to have to buy Cascable or a subscription to Capture one just to wire tether to my ipad! I have faith that adobe just wants to do it right and are taking their time for that reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hear hear! I feel silly using Capture One iPad just for tethering 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello - I have an iPad Air 5th generation (with USB-C port) and a Canon EOS R camera.  When will the Lightroom App for iPad support WIRED tethered capture on the iPad app?  Capture One already has this feature, so I'm hoping I don't have to switch to get this feature.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2022 Oct 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the year of 2022 its time for Lightroom tethering on the iPad, yes?

Listen, I can use both Capture One or Lightroom. Capture One tends to be in the more pro studios, so I dont mind.

But. I'm really invested in the Adobe line of products and an avid user. I would like to be able to streamline my workflow even more. And the iPad COULD be such an incredible tool, if you just took the time. 

So, Capture One just proved that the iPad Pro is a very potent piece of hardware to be able to use tethering with. The results are amazing and blazing fast. I see no excuse for Adobe to be lesser in this field. This would probably fix the unfinished Lightroom Classic on the M1 mac to, since its working in rosetta mode when tethering. But this is not my field, I'm just guessing.

So, feel free to join us in 2022 with a more complete Lightroom App 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tethering an iPad to a camera would be a great feature. When shooting in the field, it would be much easier to mount and tether an iPad vs a laptop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello everyone. I have a very very big complaint which is an Idea at the same time. Can someone in Adobe company explain why you do not have tether shooting native support for your iPad mobile app? I can not explain how I feel, funny no it is not funny, frustration? yes BIG yes why because when you want to use your super duper powerful iPad or any tablet for your professional shoot using the tether function you have to bring with you your laptop and iPad, connect your camera to a laptop, and start shooting. After that, your photos will sync with your iPad, can you explain to me why ?????? what is the point to have a laptop and iPad on me at the same time, in this case, why do I need an iPad anymore I will just connect my camera to my laptop and will continue shooting tethered till the end. make this function available for iPad people will shoot tethered and all the photos will sync with a laptop desktop mobile phone and etc. why you are doing this super complicated ????? a couple of days ago I tried the Capture One app which finally supports native tether shooting function strait inside of iPad VERY VERY VERY easy, not complicated at all why you can not do this simple thing too?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When are you planning to catch up to Capture One and enable LR to work with Tethered photography for iPad Pro M1. There are a lot of Pros shooting out in the field that really need this feature and it seems absurd that we dedicate ourselves to Adobe but have to buy CO for this basic function. If you can create it so that the files are writeable to the iPad and in camera card you will win and be adored! Please amend this asap! Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture One are way ahead of Adobe and have released straightforward USB C Tethered Cable Capture to iPad Pro. We desperately need Adobe to catch them up. The iPad is the obvious in the field tool that professional and amateur photographs want to connect to their cameras. Canon EOS Camera Connect for Wireless Transfer is absolutely hopeless. We want fast reliable connection to the system we all subscribe to... Please Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for the suggestion, moving to the Lightroom ecosystem ideas from Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe that one of the key things missing on the LR Ipad OS is the Tether shoot through Usb-C , as a dedicated Adobe user and a photographer that always on location , i desperately need such as an option. Capture one released it and it works perfectly but i am much more familier with LR , will it be launched anytime soon ? any help there ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture One is way ahead of adobe LRCC, and Affinity is mopping the floor with Adobe on the photoshop on iPad front. It is pretty embarrassing the lack of features in these 2 products compared to competitors. I think it is about time to quit my monthly subscription. LRCC is such rubbish compared to "Classic"/real Lightroom. Just sad, Adobe. Partly my fault for not getting another Surface Pro, Microsoft is wiping the floor with Apple in the pro tablet realm. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@OpticalSensations can you elaborate on the missing functions you'd like to have? Did you post or vote on separate feature request threads explaining the current shortcomings in y your workflow? This would be more productive, but I understand that frustration makes us rant...

Votes

Translate

Translate