Highlighted

Lightroom Mobile to Desktop

New Here ,
May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.
i need some help here.

i have bought a  Samsung S9. im taking picture with Lightroom app on it, it takes pictures, take some time (i think syncs or imports) then i can see photos taken

under all images in LR app. (these photos are not visible in Gallary app by samsung).

1. where do LR on Mobile store files? are they synced to Cloud? even that i put it on not sync when on Mobile DATA?

then, im a hobby photographer, so all my works are on LR Classic on PC. with a single master catalog.
i have turned on Lightroom Mobile Sync. and i can see those photos taken with Samsung under Colloction called from LR CC.with edit and rating that i have done on mobile and all stuff. fantastic.

2. how do i save those images to my PCs local drive, so i can remove it from cloud.??

My workflow is im only using Lightroom Mobile/CC to
Select images/rating images or fast editings on the go if needed) so i want those mobile files localy on PC first. then i will do what ever i want.

3. i have moved that LR classic's Mobile Location to "D" drive from basic C drive Photos/LR.......
    after my LR mobile sync is completed on LR Classic. i can see those photos i have taken with Samsung.
But  that folder called   D Drive - Lightroom Mobile -  there are 0 photos. is that because those photos are living on cloud??

Hope you guys can help me out. wasted some time on searching for answer on youtube and google.

Regards,
Emayavan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lightroom Mobile to Desktop

New Here ,
May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.
i need some help here.

i have bought a  Samsung S9. im taking picture with Lightroom app on it, it takes pictures, take some time (i think syncs or imports) then i can see photos taken

under all images in LR app. (these photos are not visible in Gallary app by samsung).

1. where do LR on Mobile store files? are they synced to Cloud? even that i put it on not sync when on Mobile DATA?

then, im a hobby photographer, so all my works are on LR Classic on PC. with a single master catalog.
i have turned on Lightroom Mobile Sync. and i can see those photos taken with Samsung under Colloction called from LR CC.with edit and rating that i have done on mobile and all stuff. fantastic.

2. how do i save those images to my PCs local drive, so i can remove it from cloud.??

My workflow is im only using Lightroom Mobile/CC to
Select images/rating images or fast editings on the go if needed) so i want those mobile files localy on PC first. then i will do what ever i want.

3. i have moved that LR classic's Mobile Location to "D" drive from basic C drive Photos/LR.......
    after my LR mobile sync is completed on LR Classic. i can see those photos i have taken with Samsung.
But  that folder called   D Drive - Lightroom Mobile -  there are 0 photos. is that because those photos are living on cloud??

Hope you guys can help me out. wasted some time on searching for answer on youtube and google.

Regards,
Emayavan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
selondon LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Yes, Photos taken with and imported into the App get synced to the Cloud (cannot comment on the Mobile Data part, but in theory, with it off, it shouldn't sync until you hit WiFi).

Once Photos have successfully downloaded to Classic, you can remove from the Cloud.

All Photos should download to the location you choose in Classic. If you change that location, I assume the previous downloads would be in the old location, but am unsure as I rarely use Classic now. Maybe someone else will be able to expand on this hopefully.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines