• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Mobile v. 3.10 SFFEC9 - no back camera flash support on iPhone X

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2018 Jan 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems there is no way to use back camera flash on iPhone X. With front camera simulated flash is working well. Is any way to resolve this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2018 Jan 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to be a known issue with DNG, and it affects other RAW capture programs as well. So it seems to be something related to iOS or the iPhone X, and not specifically Lightroom.

You can can work around this by switching to JPG when you need to use flash; and we can hope Apple will help apps to enable this soon.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2018 Jan 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Mike: and it affects other RAW capture programs as well"

Before I posted this question to the forum I tried the same with 645Pro - application what I am using for a very long time. It also supports DNG. I don't know how it works but you may use flash with the back camera. However, Exif informs "flash did not fire" even you may see the flash activity on the picture. 🙂

It seems to be something really wrong with X.

Tomek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2018 Jan 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems I am having the same issue with my iPhone 8 Plus. flash doesn’t enable when I’m using both front and back camera. Really frustrating. Tried to reinstall it and still had the same issue. Changed and toggled between all modes possible and still nothing. Initially thought it was a feature that came with the premium and wasn’t mentioned. But I paid and still nothing....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2018 Jan 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I mentioned above, this is an issue with iOS 11. If you change to JPG mode, the flash is enabled, but in DNG mode, it’s greyed out. This is a problem with iOS, not with Lightroom. I hope it is fixed soon.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is correct, and it was fixed in iOS 11.3. This enabled us to fix it in Lightroom CC in the recently released version 3.2.1. Please give that a try and let us know if you are still experiencing the issue. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2018 Dec 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi is this issue resolved yet ? I have a subscription to LR and have downloaded the mobile app which I am really enjoying but the flash is disabled when shooting RAW . Just a bit frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Timg,

What phone do you have? As mentioned above, for iPhone X, this was fixed with iOS 11.3. However, I’ve read that the newer iPhone XS with iOS 12 has this issue all over again, and Adobe is working with Apple on a fix that is yet to be released.

For the record, my iPhone X (not XS) works just fine with iOS 12.1 and flash with RAW.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a brand new XR and the LR realease is 4.1.0 so no idea why flash is greyed out .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 23, 2018 Dec 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I meant to say the new series which include XS, XS Max,and XR all have this problem. I read here in the forums somewhere (a post response from an Adobe staffer) that Adobe were not able to solve this with the latest 4.1 release, but were aware of it and working on it.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2018 Dec 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Mike.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines