• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Mobile workflow

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm snowbirding for the 1st time. I'll be away for 3 months. I have only my IPad Pro 512gb with me.  I connect my images to my ipad using my card reader, cull the images, load into ipad storage only the ones I want to keep, and then edit those on the ipad. This is working perfectly. 

But I want to back them up on an external drive.  I have them sync with adobe cloud but in 3 months I could easily run out of room.  Is there a way to export them to an external drive?   I'd like to keep the raw file and the edits. 

Also when I look at my adobe cloud I only see cr2 (raw) files, but if I download from there back to the Lightroom I get a file with the edits that can not be undone.  So it seems that it's not really a raw file.  

I'm so confused. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to export a RAW to a connected external, but you cannot export the edits (xmp sidecar) I believe.

If you just want the export the RAW make sure you select Original.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Selondon,

Can you please explain how?  The only way I have been able to connect to an external is via a RavPower hub.  I can export the raw files but only one at a time.  I need to be able to export multiples at one time. Otherwise it would take forever. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you say Adobe Cloud, are you talking about Create Cloud Files? Do you know that Lightroom has it's own cloud that is separate from Creative Cloud Files. When you import your raw files to Lightroom, they upload to the Lightroom cloud if you are connected to wifi. The originals are not stored on your device. So there really is no need to save them to an external hard drive, unless you need to make more room in your Lightroom cloud. Lightroom on an iPad does not provide the ability to export mulitple original + edits at the same time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines