• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom on Apple TV Not Exiting Properly, Requiring Reboot

Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are using the newest version of Apple TV. When I open the Lightroom App, I get this message: "New Version Available. The old version will no longer be updated and can be safely removed. Click below to open the newest vesion." Then there is a box stating: "Open Lightroom CC." 

I click the designated box, the LR Apple TV app opens, and my synced collections are visible, and I am able to view the collections. So far so good. Putting aside the custom sort order doesn't work properly (the subject of a separate post) the LR App will not exit properly after viewing collections. I repeatedly press the menu button on the Apple TV remote, which should take me up a level with each press, ultimately back to the home screen for Apple TV. It does not do that. Instead, it takes me back only so far as the message quoted above about the new version. Further pressing of the menu button does nothing. To get back to the home screen I have found no method other than unplugging and rebooting the Apple TV box. 

Also, the message never gives instructions how to remove old versions of the LR Apple TV app. I am assuming that by clicking the box quoted above that in fact the new version is the one that is opened and that the old version, if not automatically removed, is at least being ignored. 

Tbis would be such a cool app if in fact the bugs could be removed. Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also had some annoying issues updating to the newest version in early November. However, I think this is something that should be posted in the feedback site, where Adobe Engineers are more active.

Here’s the link to the LR for Apple TV page:https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_lightroom_for_apple_tv 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello 'rickd93422'

I believe the issue you're seeing about the menu button not working smoothly to get you all the way from being inside a collecion to eventually returning smoothly to your home screen may be due to the interaction between the old LR TV app and the newer version is will help you download or launch.  I do recommend removing the older version of the app.  If you are uncertain which Lightroom app is the older one (I think it's called Lightroom CC") my recommendation is simply to remove both apps, and then reinstall the newer app.  When you search for Lightroom on the Apple TV App Store, you will now see only the latest version app available.  Reinstall this, sign in, and if you see remote/menu button troubles still, please let me know.

For info on how to delete apps from Apple TV, please see Apple's own help page: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT200126

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines