Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom on desktop -> "Your subscription has ended"

New Here ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I purchased a lightroom subscription via Apple store with monthly installations. The app works fine (synching etc.) from my iPhone and iPad but won't fully work on Desktop giving the error mentioned in the subject.

The cloud icon on the top right corner has a greyed out X telling me it's not synching and if I click on it I get the message that my subscription has ended and to renew it. It is correctly displaying the gigabytes I'm using (pictures uploaded to the cloud via iPad).

Also to note that the desktop app successfully imported my albums from the cloud.

How can I make my Lightroom work properly on my Mac?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Hello soplade

I see you have a Lightroom Mobile plan, and this does not include access to the Lightroom Desktop app.

You could cancel your iOS subscription, and instead subscribe to Lightroom via the Mac App Store to get access to desktop and mobile apps with cloud syncing.  

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello soplade

I see you have a Lightroom Mobile plan, and this does not include access to the Lightroom Desktop app.

You could cancel your iOS subscription, and instead subscribe to Lightroom via the Mac App Store to get access to desktop and mobile apps with cloud syncing.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that indeed did the trick. Thank you.

Though I must say I was misled by Adobe website (https://helpx.adobe.com/mobile-apps/help/lightroom-mobile-faq.html)

What is Adobe Photoshop Lightroom for mobile?

Lightroom for mobile and tablets is a free app that gives you a powerful, yet simple solution for capturing, editing and sharing your photos. And you can upgrade for premium features that give you precise control with seamless access across all your devices – mobile, desktop and web.

and more...

What features do I get for free? What additional features do I get when I purchase a Creative Cloud Photography subscription?

You can use all the capture, organization, and sharing features in Adobe Photoshop Lightroom for mobile for free. You can also use most of the editing features for free.

When you purchase a Creative Cloud Photography plan subscription you also get :

• The ability to sync your Lightroom photos on all your devices including your computer.

I get that the Creative Cloud Photography is not the same I had but putting it in the FAQ of the Lightroom Mobile doesn't make it super clear 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for pointing that out!  I'll look into who can help clarify the wording to say that the Lightroom subscription the from the mobile app stores is currently provides access to only LR Mobile and web (lightroom.adobe.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may be a silly question, but I am fully subscribed to the mobile app version of lightroom, paying £5 a month. I wanted to use it on my laptop but when I log in it asks me to subscribe again. Can the app not be used on a laptop? Do I need to buy a larger subscription? Searched online and couldn't find any answers!

Thanks, Lily.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm going to merge your post with another that has some clarifying details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines