• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom photos lost after uninstall

New Here ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone! I need some help! My Lightroom app was glitching so I decided to uninstall and reinstall the it. However, after doing so I noticed ALOT of my photos were gone (more so all my recent ones) and there were also pictures on there that weren't there before (before uninstall I had about 1.2K, after reinstall there was over 2K photos). My presets are still there, thank heavens but I'm concerned that I've lost all my most recently edited photos. Any ideas or fixes?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sujey

I see a new subscription was started today.  If you started the subscription after you deleted and reinstalled the app, this won't help recover lost images.  If one deletes Lightroom when using the free version of the app files in Lightroom are deleted too, because only the paid version of the app provides cloud backup.

If this is what happened, do you have a recent back up of your device from a time when Lightroom still had your images?  If so, restore that backup onto your device and then try the help here: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/recover-lightroom-mobile-photos-itunes-file-sharing.htm... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

Thank you for the quick reply. I used to have a subscription and then cancelled it, I renewed it today to avoid future hiccups thinking this might have been the issue as to why images weren't saved after the re-install. So the only way for images to be saved is to pay for the subscription for the cloud backup correct? Otherwise if the app is deleted, all photos go with it? Also, any idea why when reinstalling, there were pictures uploaded on the app  from my camera roll that I never uploaded? And why the ones that I had uploaded that managed to still be there, weren't the edited versions, just the originals?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again

Any photos one imports into Lightroom while the app is unpaid and not syncing exist only in Lightroom on that device.  If that non-synced app is deleted, the files inside are deleted.  By subscribing, you ensure the files imported into Lightroom are synced to Lightroom's cloud storage and can be accessed in the future.  Lightroom cloud storage will keep your files for a while even if you cancel your subscription -- for how long, I do not know.

It sounds like you deleted Lightroom with images inside it while the app was in a free state.  Reinstalling the app cannot restore images that were not synced with a paid subscription.  Hopefully you can re-import those images from your camera roll into Lightroom again. If you have an old backup of your device from a time when Lightroom still had all the images imported, the help page link I shared previously shows how to recover images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

question  my wedding photographer had all our pictures on yall light room editing app and her computer crashed while she was making shirts for her other business and somehow it delted or unistalled the lightroom app and she called adobe and they told her that there is no way to get photos back even backup photos if app was unistalled but i keep researching and reading and everyone else says other wise and i personaly if would think that you should be able to unistall the app and everything be safe as long as  long as you still have a account incase you unistalled it on a computer and downloaded to another she be able to sighn in to account and re download everything.. right or wrong?

would apperciate any help thank you 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines