• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Presets not Saving

Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will create a user preset and save it and then go to another photo and it will not appear there. No matter how many times I save it or save similar ones, they won't be available for me to use on other photos. But on the original photo that  saved the preset from, when I go to the presets list it will still be there. Is there any way to fix this?!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Example of all the presets I have saved:

IMG_4527.jpeg

Only a few of them are available when I go to another photo that I want to apply them to:

IMG_4528.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2018 Jul 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange, I agree.

Do you have CC Desktop or can access Lightroom Web to see if ‘Smooth Blues’ is syncing across the Cloud Ecosystem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2018 Jul 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I dont have lightroom on my desktop, only on mobile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2018 Jul 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this exact same problem! Some of my presets will save and others won’t no matter what I do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2018 Jul 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this issue. what I have noticed is when I import a photo from my camera roll that I just took with my regular iPhone camera, I can only see two of my 8 presets. but when I take a photo from within the lightroom mobile app, then I can see all 8. I cant figure out why...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2018 Jul 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could that be something to do with the format of the iPhone native camera photos being HEIC?

Maybe do a test by temporarily turning this off and take a few more as Jpeg, import these and see what happens with the presets then?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2018 Jul 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried switching it and it still didn’t work. Most of the photos I have on my phone are jpeg because I send them from my camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2019 Jan 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did anyone manage to work out how to fix this? I’m having the same issue  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2019 Jan 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing I am noticing is that when I make a preset for DNG (RAW) that preset isn't available for photos I've taken as jpgs. But the presets I've made off of photos that came in as jpgs, those presets are available for anything that I've shot as DNG (RAW).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2019 Jan 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It’s likely that some of these issues occur because the Preset made from the DNG contains a Profile.

if you Create Preset again from the source DNG and turn the Profile checkbox OFF (maybe rename it no_pro) and then try to apply it to a JPG/HEIC, it may work and the result may be acceptable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines