• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom "Downloading" Synced Photos on Second PC In Order to Edit

Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I import photos to Lightroom (not Classic), and the photos sync w/another PC in my house that has a faster internet connection than the PC I import to. Sometimes I run over to the "faster" PC to perform photo merge tasks, which seem to take forever on the PC where I have done the initial import. When I go to the second PC to perform a photo merge, and select my photos, the first thing I see is "downloading," and that takes like a minute or two, which sort of defeats the purpose of using this PC for a faster response. If I were to do this on the PC where initially imported the photos, I would NOT get "downloading."  I don't understand this - is it downloading from the cloud? And if so, is there a way, then, for me to "download" these photos from the cloud "en masse" as soon as they sync with this second PC, so that if I want to use that PC, I can quickly start editing rather than waiting for the photos to download? Please understand that I'm not talking here about downloading to my hard drive. I know how to export, and I'm not talking about that here. I know I wouldn't have this problem if the PC I chose to import to had a strong wifi connection, but that's another story. 🙂 Thanks for any info you can share.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?