Highlighted

Lightroom Retrieve Pictures

New Here ,
May 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had all of my pictures stored on an external drive and then were flooded and I lost the drive. When I go into Lightroom now I can still bring up the pictures under the folders. The pictures aren't the best of quality but I would like to retrieve them for sentimental reasons. Is there any way to export them or save them?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lightroom Retrieve Pictures

New Here ,
May 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had all of my pictures stored on an external drive and then were flooded and I lost the drive. When I go into Lightroom now I can still bring up the pictures under the folders. The pictures aren't the best of quality but I would like to retrieve them for sentimental reasons. Is there any way to export them or save them?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 30, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lutherskywalker,

That isn't a great user experience as original images are no longer accessible in Lightroom ,we're sorry to hear about this. Let us help make it right.

Which version of Lightroom are you using?

Sometimes lost or deleted photos in Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic still display a preview. The following script allows you to extract and save those previews.

The script extracts previews for all the images that are selected at the time you run the script. It extracts poster frames for any video clips that are selected at the time. You can choose a location for these files. The previews are in JPEG format, and the name contains the size of the image

You may take a look at this article Script to extract previews of lost or deleted photos to extract previews of your lost originals.

The Adobe Lightrooom Downloader app helps you download all your synced Lightroom photos to a destination on your computer's hard-drive, please check out this article: Download synced Lightroom photos and videos from the cloud to a computer

Thanks,

Akash

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 31, 2019 1