Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom with iOS 11 - Battery drain?!

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2018 Jan 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

i recently switched from my iPhone SE to an iPhone 8 Plus. Of course I re-installed Lightroom for iOS again, because i simply love it to prepare my pictures on the go. I usually sync via WiFi to keep my data and don't let the phone work in the background.

Unfortunately on my iPhone 8 Plus with iOS 11.2.1 installed i'm experiencing a draining battery as soon as i start to edit a picture in Lightroom. Per Picture, I can count up to 2% of battery- i haven't had that on my iPhone SE with iOS 10.3.3.

Any Ideas or is that maybe a known problem?

Thanks,

Nino

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't do anything Apple, but I do see periodic mention of iPhone battery problems in online news

You might Google to find articles about iPhone battery problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the heads-up about this. I'm aware of the ongoing discussion in the media, but I think this my current issue has nothing to do with that.

On my other devices, an iPhone and also an iPad Pro the Software is doing a pretty awesome job when it comes to the battery.

Anyway thanks for your idea!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Different hardware and different operating system MAY mean the application is working differently

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've tested the Lightroom iOS App on several devices now.

On my iPhone 8 Plus with iOS 11.2.1 the app is draining the battery very fast as described. Hardly 2% per picture; it's hard to tell. I assume when I'm working on a picture i usually spend 5-7 Minutes in the app and it's just draining.

On my iPhone SE with iOS 10.3.3 i can use the app without any notable battery drain.

On my iPhone 7 with iOS 11.2 the app is working fine without any notable battery drain.

On my iPad Pro 10' with iOS 11.2.5 Beta 7 installed it's working as usual.

Is anyone aware of the fact that maybe the app is consuming more ressources on a iPhone 8 Plus?

Best,

Nino

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

could you let us know exactly what you are doing when the draining occurs?

It would help a lot if you could answer the following questions:

1. Have these images been imported on the actual device or have they been imported by other devices?
  2. If on the actual device: do you work a lot with iCloud? I.e. are you importing images that come from the iCloud?
  3. If you e.g. set the device into Flight mode and work with already imported images,  do you still experience the same problem?

4. Are you working with Originals or Smart Previews? You can see this when entering the info section in Loupe.
  5. Since you are mentioning edits, what kind of edits do you do?

6. It would help to see what you see when tapping on the cloud icon. It will show you if you are importing images, synching or merging e.g. HDR's.

7. Is there a particular reason why you haven't updated to 11.2.5 on this device? It would help ruling out that in the case of an iOS bug, that Apple hasn't fixed it.

Thanks,

Ignacio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ibarrien,

i'm happy to answer your questions:

1. The images are available on the actual device in the iOS Gallery as well as in the Lightroom App.

2. No, iCloud has been disabled for all Photos / Gallery.

3. On my iPhone 8 Plus in Flight-Mode the App is still consuming the same amount of battery.

4. In the app I work only with Smart-Previews. I've never used something else.

5. Selective, Cropping, Light, Color and Effecrs are the common used parts. Don't nail me on that, but i assume that

Selective could be a problem.

6. The cloud Icon shows "All synced and backed up".

7. Before upgrading I usually wait a couple of days. As I mentioned above, I experience totally different behaviour while using different
     devices with different iOS Versions.

If you need any more information or screenshots, please let me know.

Nino

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 26, 2018 Jan 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've pinged you privately for more info.

Thanks,

Ignacio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2018 Feb 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've send you the information you've asked for. Was it helpful for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

sorry but I haven't seen any logs yet.
Where did you send them exactly?

Thanks,
Ignacio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2018 Jan 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ignacio,

i've send the logs directly to you.

Best regards,

Nino

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines