i recently switched from my iPhone SE to an iPhone 8 Plus. Of course I re-installed Lightroom for iOS again, because i simply love it to prepare my pictures on the go. I usually sync via WiFi to keep my data and don't let the phone work in the background.
Unfortunately on my iPhone 8 Plus with iOS 11.2.1 installed i'm experiencing a draining battery as soon as i start to edit a picture in Lightroom. Per Picture, I can count up to 2% of battery- i haven't had that on my iPhone SE with iOS 10.3.3.
Any Ideas or is that maybe a known problem?
I don't do anything Apple, but I do see periodic mention of iPhone battery problems in online news
You might Google to find articles about iPhone battery problems
Thanks for the heads-up about this. I'm aware of the ongoing discussion in the media, but I think this my current issue has nothing to do with that.
On my other devices, an iPhone and also an iPad Pro the Software is doing a pretty awesome job when it comes to the battery.
Anyway thanks for your idea!
Different hardware and different operating system MAY mean the application is working differently
So I've tested the Lightroom iOS App on several devices now.
On my iPhone 8 Plus with iOS 11.2.1 the app is draining the battery very fast as described. Hardly 2% per picture; it's hard to tell. I assume when I'm working on a picture i usually spend 5-7 Minutes in the app and it's just draining.
On my iPhone SE with iOS 10.3.3 i can use the app without any notable battery drain.
On my iPhone 7 with iOS 11.2 the app is working fine without any notable battery drain.
On my iPad Pro 10' with iOS 11.2.5 Beta 7 installed it's working as usual.
Is anyone aware of the fact that maybe the app is consuming more ressources on a iPhone 8 Plus?
could you let us know exactly what you are doing when the draining occurs?
It would help a lot if you could answer the following questions:
i'm happy to answer your questions:
1. The images are available on the actual device in the iOS Gallery as well as in the Lightroom App.
2. No, iCloud has been disabled for all Photos / Gallery.
3. On my iPhone 8 Plus in Flight-Mode the App is still consuming the same amount of battery.
4. In the app I work only with Smart-Previews. I've never used something else.
5. Selective, Cropping, Light, Color and Effecrs are the common used parts. Don't nail me on that, but i assume that
Selective could be a problem.
6. The cloud Icon shows "All synced and backed up".
7. Before upgrading I usually wait a couple of days. As I mentioned above, I experience totally different behaviour while using different
devices with different iOS Versions.
If you need any more information or screenshots, please let me know.
I've pinged you privately for more info.
I've send you the information you've asked for. Was it helpful for you?
sorry but I haven't seen any logs yet.
Where did you send them exactly?
i've send the logs directly to you.