Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

local storage doesn't work on my iPad

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2019 Feb 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear,

I use Lightroom classic to import all my pictures and I sync them on the cloud with my iPad pro and my iPhone.

After that I use the local storage on both. On my iPhone everything is working correctly but on my iPad it's not working.

When I tap on the cloud at the top right of the application, it's write "Stockage local de l'album en cours 1874 en cours de chargement" Sorry I'm French...

And the number of picture never go down...

I already disconnect/connect from adobe account... I already deleted lightroom and instal again on my iPad...

I'm stuck in that situation

Thank you if someone can help me.

François

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 04, 2019 Feb 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi François,

Unfortunately you can only sync Lightroom Classic CC catalog with only one mobile device at the moment. I believe as iPhone is already synced with the Lightroom Classic CC catalog, that might be the reason the iPad is not syncing.

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sahil,

thank you very much for your answer,

so first I disconnect my iPhone of my adobe account. I disconnected my ipad also.

I connected my IPad again but it‘s the same...

I made a lot of new tests and in reality :

synchronisation of a modification from Lightroom classic to my IPad is working.

synchronisation of a modification from my IPad to Lightroom classic is not working.

If I ask on my IPad to make a local storage of pictures it’s not working.

best regards

Francois

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Salut François. What are you attempting to store locally? Something bigger than the preview? You will have no originals in the cloud if sync is from collections in LR Classic. Only smart previews are sent to the cloud from LR Classic.

Possibly the iPad has the largest preview, whereas the phone will have smaller previews, meaning there could be a slightly larger smart preview on the cloud which could be downloaded to local storage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are you images originating from? Where the high res ends up, and what can be stored locally depends on where it started.

Images you capture on your phone using the Lr camera app will end up in the cloud. The full res original file syncs to the cloud automatically.

Images you import into Lr on your phone from the camera roll will also upload to the cloud. You can delete the originals from the camera roll after that.

Images you import into Lr on your iPad, or take with the camera will also sync to the cloud.

Photos synced from Lr Classic on your computer do not upload to the cloud. Instead high res preview files are sent to the cloud. You can view and edit these photos on your phone or your iPad, but you can not store the originals on those local devices because the originals are not in the cloud.

As soon as you turn on the sync function in Lr Classic, the high res photos that were imported or capture from your phone or iPad start to download to your computer. These downloaded photos are copies of the originals from the cloud.

If synchronized edits aren't working from your iPad check to make sure you have a good internet connection. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2019 Feb 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answers,

the originals are on my lightroom classic so on my macbook and in a collection.

When I synchronise this collection, the smart preview go in the cloud so in the cache of my ipad.

When I go on my ipad on the collection, there is an option to store all the collection in local on my Ipad. ( I will have all the pictures of this collection on my Ipad and also if I'm not connected to internet ).

If I don't activate this option, the smart preview go only in the cache.

please check my 2 pictures

C2498C07-BDB0-4BA5-81C5-454A15A82629.jpeg

44BCAF91-D329-4E0D-9C72-D27D5D22EA57.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have sufficient internal storage on your iPad? There is usually a preceding message showing the total space required with the option to start download or cancel.

The number downloading should gradually decrease with a countdown displayed, depending on connection speed. Are you seeing any change? Has the progress decreased from 1874 to 702?

Are there any other sync processes taking place? What about 2018-05 Russie?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you are trying to do should work. I'm not sure why it isn't. The first thing you can do is confirm that you are running the most recent version of Lr on the iPad. The second thing you can do is delete the app, reboot the iPad and then reinstall the app. All of your data is stored in the cloud, so you won't lose anything by deleting the app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you again,

I have the last version of Lightroom everywhere...

I already delete and install one month ago, after that, it was very difficult to store again the pictures on my IPad...

to store again all the picture on the iPad, I had to look them picture by picture.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer,

yes I have more than 100 go left on my IPad.

In reality now it’s 702 because I deleted some pictures to make some try but it’s not decreasing.

I made a try with 2018-05 Russie : I deleted all the pictures from the local storage. I deleted the cache and I click again on local storage but now it’s not possible store the picture locally

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I,m sorry I don’t know what the problem can be. It is working ok on my iPad Pro.

I will get your messages transferred to the mobile forum. Perhaps someone over there could help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines