• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Local Storage Lightroom CC on iPad

Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I normally import my photos with the SD card reader to the camera roll on my iPad. Then importing the files into Lightroom CC. Now they will be uploaded to the cloud. My question is: What's about the originals on the iPad? Are they still on my iPad and fill up my local storage? In Lightroom CC on the iPad you can't adjust the local storage. Are this raw files on my iPad forever?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once the files have safely synced to the Cloud you can delete from the Camera Roll.

As it understand it, Lightroom iOS will manage its storage over time as you access different photos, it will discard local originals after a while, in favour of others.

However, if you Clear Cache, you should be able to reduce the local storage of originals, leaving Smart Previews and Thumbnails of the device, leaving the Originals in the Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you selondon for your answer. I have deleted them from the camera roll. My question is about the handling in LR CC. They are still stored in full resolution on my iPad in LR CC after upload in the cloud. And I can‘t adjust this. I‘m only able to clear the cache, nothing else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a couple of ways of Clearing Cache. One at Album level, one at All Photos level and one in Local Storage under the Lr logo I think.

Try all three and maybe log in and out to see if that helps.

Also check that you don’t have any Albums set for Offline Editing/Store Locally.

Other than that I have read threads where re-install helps... but you don’t want to keep doing that all the time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But clearing the cache is not the same as adjusting the local storage. So I will do some tests to see how lightroom will adjust this storage itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2018 Feb 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Miraoede, and what did you find out? When I import raw photos the originals are synced automatically to the cloud and the desktop, that works great. But on the ipad the originals remain in lightroom cc. Of cause originals on the ipad in the photos roll I deleted aswell.

If you add a lot of photos the used space get quit a lot. Did you found out that lighroom cc indeed deleted the orignal in the app after a while? Appreciate your reaction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2018 Feb 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After a while the original raw files will be replaced to a smart preview. So I think it works pretty good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats not the case really, after clearing the cache when i open pictures it says that i only have smart previews locally of the originals i have in the cloud. However the size of the lightroom cc is not reduced. Theres only the workarpund of reinstalling the app everytime i run out of space since clearing the cache does nothing to improve the situation.

Can someone please look into this and solve this bug? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2019 Feb 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gregord did you find a solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2020 Jan 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the same issue. I've deleted all the photos from my camera roll on my iPad and cleared all cache in Lightroom. My app size and local storage is still MUCH larger than on my cell phone. I guess deleting the app and reinstalling is all I've got until Adobe figures this out. It a pain to have to do this each time I leave on a trip. I want to work on photos while flying AND have room to add more when I get there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2019 May 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. I have imported or taken photos. They have synced to the cloud service. I have deleted the cache but still have many GB of local storage. Has anyone come up with a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 30, 2019 May 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If syncing to the Cloud is complete you could try reinstalling the app

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2019 Jul 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We don‘t want to reinstall the app, in my case, every 2 weeks, as I import a lot of files and only about 10%  stay in my library (sport photography).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines