Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Location of photos in iPad

Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have 64GB of disk space in my iPad and a lot of photos on external drives that I can connect to he Ipad.  I wanted to ask if there is a way to keep the photo catalogs on the external drives instead of occupying the internal iPad's memory.

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

No, this is not possible.

All photos are imported into Lightroom and upload to the Cloud, if you have a subscription.

If you do have a subscription then once a batch have finished syncing to the Cloud, you can Clear Cache to clear the app of the Originals, leaving just thumbnails locally, whilst keeping the Originals stored on the Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, this is not possible.

All photos are imported into Lightroom and upload to the Cloud, if you have a subscription.

If you do have a subscription then once a batch have finished syncing to the Cloud, you can Clear Cache to clear the app of the Originals, leaving just thumbnails locally, whilst keeping the Originals stored on the Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Seledon and happy new year!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Happy New Year too!

An ax example, I have about 160GB in the Cloud but the apps on my Phone and iPad take up about 3/4 Gb of space.

Lightroom Mobile will download either Smart Previews or Originals from the Cloud when you access the files for editing etc.

If you are importing on the iPad, just Clear Cache (in the Settings) every so often once all photos have fully synced.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines