• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lost all photos & presets on Lightroom CC (free mobile version) when I got a new phone

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help!

I upgraded my phone from an iPhone 7 to iPhone Pro Max yesterday. I backed my phone up and went on my way. Later in the day I opened the Lightroom app, which I have been using the free version of since the beginning of 2019 (~11 months). All of my photos and presets are gone! Things I have tried:

- Logging in to lightroom.adobe.com (nothing is there)

- Logging in using a different Adobe ID/email (nothing is there)

- I have not tried the iTunes file transfer as this is an entirely different device (I also do not have a Mac laptop, just an iPad and Windows machine)

- Contacting support (absolutely useless)

Additionally, when I log in now it says that my Subscription Status = Trial and I have 30 days remaining. This is frustrating for a few reasons:

1. I never signed up for a trial

2. According to Adobe support there is no 30 day trial, only 7 day (so why do I see it??)

3. I'm terrified that after 30 days I am going to go through this mess again

4. Also according to Adobe support, there is no trial and no subscription associated with any of the 4 emails I provided (only 2 are real possibilities, but  I only have 4 accounts total) and they also see 0 activity associated with any of the IDs (then why do I have a lightroom album on my camera with 1000+ photos I have exported from Lightroom?)

I know very well that I have been using this app almost daily for the last year. I don't understand how all of my photos and presets can be lost and Adobe has NO record of me ever using the app?? If anyone has additional tips they would be much appreciated! I just want all this hard work back!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hailey,

Can you go to lightroom.adobe.com and sign in to see your photos? You'll need to use the same Adobe ID that you used to sync with your old iphone 7. It must be the same Adobe ID, as that is how your photos are stored in the cloud.

Check the web version and let us know what you find.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael,

As mentioned, this was already something that I tried. No photos appeared.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can get iTunes for PC as well, although I don’t know if it would work.

It may be worth a go if you still have the old phone and the photos are valuable?

I’m unsure how the free app/trial works, whether it initially stores photos in the Cloud and deleted if a subscription isn’t taken up or if they are just on your device. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Hailey, since you used the free version, you were not syncing photos and presets, and this is why Support had a hard time seeing records of your app usage on our servers.

You said you did do a backup of your old device--I hope the info on this page might help you recover some images from your last iPhone 7 backup: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/recover-lightroom-mobile-photos-itunes-file-sharing.htm...

If your last iPhone 7 backup has any of your previous Lightroom photos, they will be found in the Originals folder.  

Since the account was a free use account and did not sync, I'm not sure that the presets are recoverable.  I will ask someone who knows more about presets than me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines