I upgraded my phone from an iPhone 7 to iPhone Pro Max yesterday. I backed my phone up and went on my way. Later in the day I opened the Lightroom app, which I have been using the free version of since the beginning of 2019 (~11 months). All of my photos and presets are gone! Things I have tried:
- Logging in to lightroom.adobe.com (nothing is there)
- Logging in using a different Adobe ID/email (nothing is there)
- I have not tried the iTunes file transfer as this is an entirely different device (I also do not have a Mac laptop, just an iPad and Windows machine)
- Contacting support (absolutely useless)
Additionally, when I log in now it says that my Subscription Status = Trial and I have 30 days remaining. This is frustrating for a few reasons:
1. I never signed up for a trial
2. According to Adobe support there is no 30 day trial, only 7 day (so why do I see it??)
3. I'm terrified that after 30 days I am going to go through this mess again
4. Also according to Adobe support, there is no trial and no subscription associated with any of the 4 emails I provided (only 2 are real possibilities, but I only have 4 accounts total) and they also see 0 activity associated with any of the IDs (then why do I have a lightroom album on my camera with 1000+ photos I have exported from Lightroom?)
I know very well that I have been using this app almost daily for the last year. I don't understand how all of my photos and presets can be lost and Adobe has NO record of me ever using the app?? If anyone has additional tips they would be much appreciated! I just want all this hard work back!
Bug, Crash or freeze, Download and install, iOS, Performance, Presets or profiles, Problem or error
Can you go to lightroom.adobe.com and sign in to see your photos? You'll need to use the same Adobe ID that you used to sync with your old iphone 7. It must be the same Adobe ID, as that is how your photos are stored in the cloud.
Check the web version and let us know what you find.