Highlighted

Lost all pics when syncing to desktop

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I lost EVERYTHING when I was trying to synce to my desktop... pics, presets, EVERYTHING. As I spent months editing, is there any way to get it back ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lost all pics when syncing to desktop

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I lost EVERYTHING when I was trying to synce to my desktop... pics, presets, EVERYTHING. As I spent months editing, is there any way to get it back ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 07, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi emkwheeler,

I’m sorry to hear about your dilemma. But can you give a little more detail around what exactly was your workflow?

• When you spent months editing, on what device and with what version of Lightroom mobile? Are all your photos missing now from the mobile device?

• What do you see using the web interface at lightroom.adobe.com ?

• When you synced with your desktop, did you sync with LR CC, or Lightroom Classic?

• If you synced with Lightroom Classic, did you get a warning, something to the effect that “another catalog is already syncing with Lightroom CC. If you continue, you’ll lose previous data...”?

I have a suspicion that you’ve overwritten your synced photos by syncing a new catalog from LR Classic. If so, you may need an Adobe person to help to see if your data can be restored.

Mike

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 08, 2018 0