• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR Camera no colour P20 pro

Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2019 Aug 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday I updated my Huawei P20 Pro and since then the LR Camera app seems to have an issue.

The rear camera has no colour to the images - I've checked the filters, profiles, file format, etc, but all are correct and nothing seems to make a difference. The app is treating it as if it is a colour image, but there the image is either black and white or, in raw(DNG), black and magenta.

I can switch to the front camera and that is in colour and seems normal. Also, the native camera app seems fine too.

There was a LR update today which I hoped would fix things, but it's still the same.

Has anyone experienced this? Anyone know of a fix?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2019 Aug 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone!

I have the same problem as @philadawson. On the back of Huawei P20 Pro are installed three lenses - 40 MP (color), 20 MP (monochrome only) and 8 MP (tele). I guess that LR do not cooperate with the first one. Frontal camera works well. When I'd switch to another app problem does not occur.

The last color photo was taken 27.07, next one, which I've made on 10.08, was B&W only. I noticed that new Lightroom version (v. 4.4) was released on 12.08.

Adobe Support gave me a tip to reinstall app, but it didn't help.

Best Regards

Paweł

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 20, 2019 Aug 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pawel and Philadawson,

Sorry that the Huawei P20 Pro is no longer showing colors for images captured via the rear camera after a recent device update.

I am trying to reproduce this issue and checking with our Engineering team regarding the same.

Thanks,

Akash

Just a reminder, the Adobe Forums are transitioning to a new community experience soon. New threads and replies posts to the forums between August 22nd and September 9th will likely be lost, but we’re here to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash, 

Any update on this? We've been without a functional camera for 4 months now.... 

Cheers,

Phil 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys,

When is this issue going to receive attention? It was working and the update broke it! This is becoming totally unacceptable!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash Sharma,

Since this topic is more than 6 months old is there a solution for this issue? Or Adobe just don't care about a few customers that are mad about this? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 20, 2019 Aug 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you provide us the original image from Lightroom so that our Engineering team can check it and try reproducing the issue?

To get the original image, please so the following:

Enable “Save original to device” under camera settings, then the captured (original) images can be found under DCIM/LightroomCamera

Thanks,

Akash

Just a reminder, the Adobe Forums are transitioning to a new community experience soon. New threads and replies posts to the forums between August 22nd and September 9th will likely be lost, but we’re here to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2019 Aug 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash,

Thanks for looking into this. Hopefully we can get it sorted quickly.

Here are original DNG and Jpeg images:

Adobe LR P20Pro - Google Drive

Best,

Phil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2019 Sep 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also now experiencing this problem. Was a resolution identified?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2019 Oct 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem looks to be the LR app is using the dedicated black and white camera on the p20 pro, there is no option to switching to either the standard or Tele colour cameras on the device.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2019 Nov 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem from three month a d paying subscription and not benifitinf from the cam it is really annoying 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash,

Is there going to be a resolution to this soon? This has dragged on for months now without resolution. It worked before the last update, so can you guys not check your coding for the previous update? Or, as mentioned in this thread, ask Huawei!

Thank you,

Dave Quail

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash,

The issue is fixed in Lightroom 5.1. Finally! Still can't find the setting for RAW or JPG though. Please advise what format is used in 5.1 for the P20 Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2019 Sep 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bunp. 

Hey, also have the same problem after the last update. Only BW on the camera and color on the selfie camera. Any news of what the problem is or if it will be fixed? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 05, 2019 Oct 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with Huawei 20 pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2019 Oct 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys I have the same problem

Front camera works back camera isn't working hope Adobe release an update soon 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2019 Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue with my P20 Pro. Had I known this when answering the long survey, it would've been a priority. 

Come on, Adobe... Let's get this resolved. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here since three months. (P20 pro)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I can confirm exactly the same behaviour with the P20 Pro on EMUI 9.1. Lightroom App is Version 5.0, Nov 3, 2019. This is using Pro or Auto Mode, and either DNG or Jpeg. Front camera works in color, but that is n ot the point here. App is unusable at this point in time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Huawei P20 Pro. November 24, 2019. Still no fix. Rear camera is previewing all photos B/W, after capturing DNG, appears to have a violet tint. No filters applied. NONE is selected in color profiles. 

No clue how to fix this. 

Need support. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firstly thank God it's my P20 phone and not my brain. So simple solution, Adobe, talk to Huawei and find out how to code so the app uses only the colour camera. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*insert alarm sound here*

Attention all! My LR camera is back in working colour!

I'm not sure we have raw file support (I can't seem where to turn it on anymore), but at least this is progress. 

😘

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confirmed. It is working on Lightroom 5.1, but cannot find a setting for RAW or JPG though. This really took a long time but at least we are moving forward again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's right. Camera is working, many thanks. 🙂

RAW support is missing, now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Guys, 

I downloaded Lr few days back and i am facing the same eaxact problem. Any solution Team Adobe ? Smaple Image

Detail

Lr Android: 5.3.1
EMUI: 10

Model: CLT-AL00

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines