Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR CC is auto importing from iphone Photos app

Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2018 Aug 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help.

I have just started using LR CC instead of Classic. I am having no problem importing my photos to CC from Classic and lovin the ease at which I can access my photos accross all devices.

However CC just started randomly auto importing from my iphones camera roll, this I do not want as my iphone is for everyday photo taking and I will import manually specific photos I want from here.

So I turned off the auto import within general. This has stopped it however it is left as paused as apposed to stopping completely which in turn has backed up anything I do want to import in a queue!

Anyone any ideas? I will see if I can upload a screenshot to explain better

thanks! Rae

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 15, 2018 Aug 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you are saying, it no longer imports automatically, but you no longer manually import because the "auto" ones created a queue? Maybe close the app or restart your phone?

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2018 Aug 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi melissapiccone, yes that’s exactly what was happening. I had already tried closing app and restarting to no avail. I’ve been away so not looked at it for a while however I completely deleted the app yesterday and when I downloaded it again and signed in it seems to have sorted itself out! Fingers crossed and thank you for your reply. Rae

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2018 Aug 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem suddenly, except with my android. And I can't find a setting that just applies to the phone, because as you're experiencing, turning off auto add would also stop uploading the photos from my desktop to my phone.    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Auto Add is within the Mobile App itself. Turning it off here shouldn’t affect anything from the Desktop, just the phones local photo storage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines