• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR iPad low res until selected?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was on a plane and found that the images I had not ever clicked on just had low res bit maps.  I have the option clicked to download smart previews but it clearly had not gotten them.  It shows the little circle icon that it is trying to access the web when looking at the images.  I was hoping to zip through a bunch of images and be able to flag them and such while on the plane.  I also wanted to show someone some older images, but I had only low res bit maps.

When I got back online at home, each picture I clicked on clearly went out and grabbed a usable preview.  I assumed the app had those already.  There does not seem to be an option to get all images and cache them, I have to make an album and store locally to make them editable.  I thought hi res proxies would do that.  My library is not large so it is not a storage issue, but I don't need store locally for LLP of them either.  Screen res would be fine.

It seems like a sync oversight.  They were imported onto my laptop LRCC and fully synced from there and Lightroom iPad had been used as well, but unless I clicked on an image directly, the full resolution was not on the iPad.  If I have to think about sync this much, then it is not sync. 

{Moved to Lightroom Mobile forum by Moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

To work offline you do indeed need to Store an Album locally to guarantee either all the Smart Previews or Originals have been downloaded to the device (for instance, recently accessed files would either be the Smart Preview/Original, dependant on the setting, but if you have't accessed a photo yet it's likely to be a low res thumbnail).

The download Smart Preview only option is for when you do have internet access, and may not need the full size photo to be downloaded to the device to save on

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To work offline you do indeed need to Store an Album locally to guarantee either all the Smart Previews or Originals have been downloaded to the device (for instance, recently accessed files would either be the Smart Preview/Original, dependant on the setting, but if you have't accessed a photo yet it's likely to be a low res thumbnail).

The download Smart Preview only option is for when you do have internet access, and may not need the full size photo to be downloaded to the device to save on space locally and maybe data usage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines