Highlighted

LR mobile becomes a mess when syncing with LR desktop aka which are my mobile phone photos?

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm now using LR mobile (Android) and desktop (Windows) for a while. Syncing catalogs mainly from desktop to mobile to have the pics on the go. But sometimes I want to go back on LR mobile and start editing some pictures I took with the smartphone. But that simple task became quite messy, now that all other synced photos are in there (all photos aka Lightroom Photos), too.

So, is there a way to ONLY see images taken with the phone? Ideally an automatic catalog where these photos are in ? I tried the auto-import feature, but that is not really what I need here, because the photos are already imported in the 'All Photos' tab....

Maybe I made a mistake when installing LR mobile on the phone (android), since I was testing it first with a trial account, and then just a month later changed to my subscription catalog....

Any advice to make my life easier on LR mobile with this is highly appreciated!

Thanks, NB

PS: Back on the desktop in LR i do have a nice tidy extra tab where there are only my mobile phone pics inside. So I assume this must be possible on LR mobile, too....

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by selondon | Adobe Community Professional

Hi,

I don't think it's possible. You're right, photos taken in LrM will sync back to one location on your Computer (that location can determined in LrD).

However, in LrM itself the best way to handle it probably would be to create a Collection and make sure you 'are in' that Collection when you use the LrM Camera. You can also Move other Photos to that Collection.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

LR mobile becomes a mess when syncing with LR desktop aka which are my mobile phone photos?

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm now using LR mobile (Android) and desktop (Windows) for a while. Syncing catalogs mainly from desktop to mobile to have the pics on the go. But sometimes I want to go back on LR mobile and start editing some pictures I took with the smartphone. But that simple task became quite messy, now that all other synced photos are in there (all photos aka Lightroom Photos), too.

So, is there a way to ONLY see images taken with the phone? Ideally an automatic catalog where these photos are in ? I tried the auto-import feature, but that is not really what I need here, because the photos are already imported in the 'All Photos' tab....

Maybe I made a mistake when installing LR mobile on the phone (android), since I was testing it first with a trial account, and then just a month later changed to my subscription catalog....

Any advice to make my life easier on LR mobile with this is highly appreciated!

Thanks, NB

PS: Back on the desktop in LR i do have a nice tidy extra tab where there are only my mobile phone pics inside. So I assume this must be possible on LR mobile, too....

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by selondon | Adobe Community Professional

Hi,

I don't think it's possible. You're right, photos taken in LrM will sync back to one location on your Computer (that location can determined in LrD).

However, in LrM itself the best way to handle it probably would be to create a Collection and make sure you 'are in' that Collection when you use the LrM Camera. You can also Move other Photos to that Collection.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 05, 2016 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 06, 2016 1
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can choose a default collection where all your imported images will go (when using an other camera app).

But this doesn't apply to the pictures taken within the app, which is quite surprising.

It would make sense to be able to set a default collection for pictures taken with LR Camera.

(it may be possible, I just didn't find a way to do it)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 09, 2016 1
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's surprising indeed!

Kind of encourages you to take pictures not with the LrM camera, but with another one and then import them to LrM :S

I hope they fix this in an update sometime soon..

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 09, 2016 0