• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR Mobile download files are missing all EXIF metadata.

Explorer ,
Mar 24, 2017 Mar 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I share some photo collections on LR Mobile/Photos. I have Allow Download, Show Metadata, Show Location turned on. When viewing photos on LR website the metadata and location are clearly visible.

But, after someone downloads a photo all the EXIF metadata is missing from the downloaded file.  I've checked the downloaded files in Mac Preview app. The only metadata included is copyright.

If Show Metadata is turned on why is all the metadata missing from download files?  I want friends, clients, etc to have all the metadata, timestamp, titles,  captions, keywords, location exp. info, etc.

Is there another setting somewhere to retain metadata in downloaded files?

Thanks for any info.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 24, 2017 Mar 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 31, 2017 Mar 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Den,

At this time for shares we are downloading a jpeg rendition of your file which does not have metadata, whether or not you show metadata in the photo info panel or not. It is something we may change in the future, so stay tuned.

Thanks,

Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines