• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR Mobile for iPad vs iPhone

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I subscribe to the Photographer's CC service and have used LR & PS for years on my Mac Pro and MacBook.  I have fooled a bit with LRM on my iPhone 7+.  Recently I bought the 12.9" iPad Pro and decided I was going to get more serious about doing mobile editing and syncing. I'm all loaded up with the current version of LRM on my iPad (and on my iPhone).  But I realized today that the edit interface is different on the two devices...  From the checking I have done it appears that back in Dec 2016 Adobe updated LRM (V2.6) for the iPhone to include a 'Pro' edit mode and they changed the grouping of the controls and how you interact with the sliders.  Looks much better and more efficient!  However LRM on the iPad is not the same... it has what I assume are the old style controls and sliders?

Can someone help explain why this discrepancy appears to exist?  Is there an update due out for the iPad to incorporate this change, or am I missing something?

On the iPhone:

IMG_1578.jpg IMG_1579.jpg

On the iPad:

IMG_0035 (1).jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Str8aero  wrote

However LRM on the iPad is not the same... it has what I assume are the old style controls and sliders? Can someone help explain why this discrepancy appears to exist?  Is there an update due out for the iPad to incorporate this change, or am I missing something?

Adobe has said that the iPad is going to get the updated UI at some point. In a Lightroom Journal blog post, Adobe said:

Lightroom for iPhones includes a new edit experience, a new info section, a new capture interface with a brand new professional mode…The teams for both Lightroom for iPads as well as Lightroom for Android are also working on adding in the new edit and info experiences and we hope to release those updates soon.

It's possible that they haven't finished translating the new design for tablet screens. What works on a tiny phone screen might result in wasted space on a 12.9" iPad, for example.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the quick response... and that would explain what I'm experiencing.

My only concern is that the blog post you referenced is over 6 months old!  If they already had the new interface designed and out for the iPhone I wouldn't have thought it would take that long to port it to the other platform(s)?

Do you know of anyway I could get information on the status of the upgrade for the iPad?

Otherwise I guess I will just have to wait patiently...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It took a while, but it's here…if you check your iPad App Store today, there should be a new version of Lightroom Mobile for iPad with a major UI update and new features. Details here:

Lightroom Mobile July, 2017 updates: Brush and Details for iOS, New Interface for Android

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines