• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR won’t import photos. Says there isn’t enough room, but there is plenty.

New Here ,
Dec 24, 2019 Dec 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I've got LR Mobile 5.1 on an iPad Pro running 13.1 os.

When I go to view available storage on the iPad under General>iPad storage, I have about 180GB of storage available.

In Lightroom, when I go to settings and look at available local storage, it shows 8.89GB

I attach an SD card with photos, open LR and select the photos to import and it says "you are exceeding the disk space with this selection" 

It's roughly 8GB of photos I'm trying to import.

Any ideas why LR is not seeing all the rest of the storage available in the iPad?

I've tried;

- restarting ipad

- restarting LR 

- clearing cache (again)

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bryan

I apologize for the slow reply.  Many of us were on winter PTO for the holidays until today.

I can't immediately reproduce the problem you describe.  I do know Apple has made lots of fixes that improve the import experience, when importing directly from an SD card like I think you are.  Could you please try updating to the latest iOS release, and see if this improves?  If not, does an app re-install help?

--Charlie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Charlie,

I've actually deleted, and reinstalled the app and have the same problem.

Even when there is not an SD card (or reader) plugged in, the LR app still shows much less available than what the Ipad shows availabe in the system settings.

So I think I'm current on the ios, and the lightroom app. 

on other ipads with LR installed, should the available storage shown in the system settings, and the LR settings match?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Especially after a fresh app install, the numbers should really be close.  The last time I experienced something like this, it was from my iOS filesystem becoming corrupt somehow.  I fixed it by doing a full iTunes Backup and then a subsequent Restore.  I know it's time-consuming, but I urge you to give it a try.

Just curious -- what is your iOS version currently installed, and what device are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got LR Mobile 5.1 on an iPad Pro running 13.1 os.

I can try a reinstall and see how that goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sounds good.  To be clear, the order of things to try:

1. Re-install LR

2. Update iOS to 13.2 

3. If neither of these things helps, try the iTunes Backup/Restore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines