Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Managing photos in Cloud backup location through Lightroom mobile

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I have Lightroom (CC) and 1TB of Cloud storage. I want to send photos from my camera to my phone, edit them in lightroom and then backup them in the cloud. Afterwards I want to delete the photos on my camera and on my phone, so I only have the edited photos in the cloud left (I need to do this, because I need space on my phone and on the camera).

When I import photos in Lightroom they are automatically synchronized. Does this mean, the photos are uploaded to my cloud and safe? So in case I delete the original photo, the edited photo will be in the Cloud? I am a bit confused on how this is working, because when I look up my Cloud at https://assets.adobe.com/ I won't find the photos there. So where are they? Is there a difference between photos I upload at https://assets.adobe.com/ compared to those, that I import in Lightroom and then will be synchronized?

Cheers, Moritz

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The images you images to Lightroom are synced with the Lightroom cloud storage that you can check by going to Lightroom.adobe.com. The Lightroom app basically syncs up with the cloud and shows you the synced images. Assets.adobe.com shows you Creative Cloud storage which is also a part of your subscription's total storage quota but managed separately.

If you delete the images from the Lightroom mobile app, they would get deleted from the Lightroom cloud as well. To minimize the space the images imported in Lightroom mobile take up on your mobile device, you can go to the settings for Lightroom mobile, then Local storage (on IOS) or Preferences (on Android) and enable the option to "Only download smart previews".

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

So when I import photos from my phone to my Lightroom mobile app and the photos are synchronised with the cloud then and I delete the original photos on my phone, will the photos still be in the Lightroom mobile app/in the cloud or do they disappear after some time, as the original photos are missing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

If you delete the images from the mobile app, they would get deleted from the cloud storage as well once the app completes syncing.

Enabling the option to download smart previews only, may help reduce the amount of local storage used by Lightroom mobile.

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines