• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Manual focus green edges

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

anyone else seeing green outlining appear when using the manual focus slider function? the green outlining appears when an object is in focus. i haven't had this problem prior to the update but it is occurring now after the update. thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

The green outlines show the features that are in focus, as you’ve observed. It’s intentional, and of course doesn’t show up in the final image.

Are you you asking whether this could be turned off? I don’t think there’s a toggle to disable it.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The green outlines show the features that are in focus, as you’ve observed. It’s intentional, and of course doesn’t show up in the final image.

Are you you asking whether this could be turned off? I don’t think there’s a toggle to disable it.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

Yes - the green shows up when the image is in focus. One of the main reasons why i use the lightroom camera function is because the manual focus is extremely versatile, easy to use, and powerful since the standard iOS camera is not manually adjustable. it is a defining feature for me and with this new update to include the focused images in green, i find it very distracting and hindering. I find myself taking the photos and having to review them to see if the focus looks perfect, and then re-taking the photo if needed.

Is there a way to disable this or toggle on/off? or perhaps a small update to include this toggle feature? if there is no way to solve this then i may be better off using the normal iOS camera for the time being.

Thanks,

Vince

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vincent,

im not aware of any way to turn this off while manual focus is active. If you return to autofocus, this doesn’t appear.

The normal iOS camera doesn’t have any manual focus, so I don’t know what you’d gain there.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the question and feedback here.

Mike is right that the green outline highlights what's currently in focus whenever in manual focus mode.

We let the app team know a toggle for the green highlighting is desirable for some users, and they are looking at what can be done for a future release.  Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2018 Jan 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curious quesiton: How does the green outline highlights help with the focus? In other words, why is there a need to have this green outline and how does it help the users with focusing? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2018 Jan 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi digiarthur,

The green highlights simply give a visual cue for the edges that are in focus. It could otherwise be difficult to tell what is in focus as you manually adjust the focal length.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I really like this green outline feature for manual focus. It would be handy to be able to change its color. I work in a laser lab and often photograph imagery in 532nm green laser light. The iPhone unattended & on a tripod with a gimbal mount but has a really tough time holding focus in laser light. Being able to change outline color to a contrasting color such as red  & lock focus while recording video would be very useful to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines