• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Manually "Auto Add" photos from Pixel 4

Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Lightroom CC, Lightroom Mobile, and Google Photos. I just transitioned from using only Lightroom Classic and Google Photos on my Pixel 4. 

My problem is keeping Lightroom and Photos somewhat in sync for pics I have taking on my Pixel. I wanted to use Lightroom for all editing, but I find Photos to be much faster for quick and easy edits...crops etc for phone pics, plus I have lots of shared albums already with friends and family. Moving forward, I would like to continue using Photos for those quick edits and managing the library on my Pixel, but also have those photos in Lightroom. 

The problem is, if I use auto add that's baked in to LR Mobile, it grabs any new pic from my camera folder...if I do a quick edit the next day in Photos or decide I didn't want it...I then have to delete in LR as well and if it's an edit, LR has already picked up the pic so that won't show in LR. What I would love is to be able to roughly once a week have Lightroom check for new photos once I know I have cleaned up my pics for the week, but I don't see that ability. I prefer to kick that off manually so I know I have done a cleanup in Photos already.

Any suggestions or does anyone have a better workflow that works for them?

TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After further testing, what I would like just isn't possible due to how both services upload vs a true sync. For now, I am going to continue to use Lightroom for all camera pics and will use Photos for Pixel. I will not try to import or keep my Pixel pics in sync withiin Lightroom. I will still use Lightroom for the occasional more extensive edit for Pixel pics but probably pretty rare.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines