Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mobile centric workflow best practices for large raw pictures

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2019 Mar 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear community,

during my vacation I started a mobile centric workflow with Lightroom CC Mobile. Which now leads to sync issues in conflict with my account.

Thats why I'm asking for your expertise regarding best practices of a "mobile first" workflow.

What I'm doing:

- Importing the raw pictures from SD card to my iPad / Camera Roll with the SD-to-lightning adapter

- Importing the raw pictures from Camera Roll into Lightroom mobile

- Then starting a basic selection and editing in Lightroom mobile (Editing the raw pictures works surprisingly smooth and well on the iPad)

- Deletion of rejected images on the iPad

Now after my vacation I want to sync all that back to my desktop workflow (Lightroom Classic):

- I'm transferring the pictures to the Mac, adding them to the Lightroom Classic catalog

- Now smart previews for each photos are created and available

- however all edits are stuck on the iPad, and are not able to sync (a two weeks vacation shooting in raw easily exceeds the 20GB of my plan; however currently Adobe does not even give me a opportunity to upgrade the storage temporarily).

Now my two Questions:

- Is there a easy way to sync my edits from the iPad to the desktop without the necessity of synchronizing massive data amounts of raw data through the Adobe Cloud?

- Is there a possibility to replace the raw files on the iPad and sync back the edits to the desktop (remember: Now I have raw files with edits on my iPad; yet raw+smart previews without any edits on my desktop)

In case you have better ideas: Whats your best practices for a mobile centric workflow dealing with raw files straight from the camera?

Thanks a lot for your help, I'm really struggling to get my vacation photos back to the desktop!

Best Daniel

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2019 Mar 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately you cannot avoid the Cloud.

Maybe one option would be to Pause and Resume when you arrive back home allowing a number of photos to sync to the Cloud and back down to Classic, then delite from the Cloud. Then Resume toupoad more. A pain though and that’s if you have enough space on your device.

What I think you may be looking for is some kind of LAN syncing, that has been spoke about in the past as a possibility, but never happened.

Here is a feature request you can vote for:

Lightroom mobile: I would like to synchronize over LAN instead of internet | Photoshop Family Custom...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines