• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MOBILE LR PRESETS FAILED TO IMPORT!?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2019 Jun 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone! I really need some help with this issue I have been having with the Mobile Lightroom.. I've tried absolutely everything so I thought I'd try my luck on here to see if anyone knows how to fix it.

Last year I bought two preset packages, absolutely love them and use them to edit all of my photos (mind you everything was working fine and super easy to use)..
Until a couple months ago when I was trying to edit a photo, tried to upload it to the lightroom and it said "low device space" or "import failed" and the cloud icon was red so I cleared up heaps of storage on my phone and deleted all the photos that were saved on my lightroom and the cloud wasn't red anymore but it still wouldn't let me import any new photos??

Seeing as this had never happened to me before I thought it was a glitch so I deleted the lightroom app (not knowing it was going to delete all my presets that I'd already paid for) and then redownloaded it.. I then redownloaded the presets that were sent to my email, and started importing all of the presets back onto my lightroom. I imported about half of them before it completely stopped and now says "import failed" whenever I try import any presets! And when I click on the cloud it will say its pending/uploading and then synced and backed up but they're still not importing! The photos however ARE importing now so I don't know whats going on!! I'm not real technical with this stuff and I don't really understand Lightroom so I'm really hoping one of you guys can help me out haha its very frustrating.. Could it be I just need to clear more storage off my phone? I have absolutely NO idea whats going on but I've attached some screenshots to give you all a better idea of what I'm talking about..

64518580_377026172932281_6069818623621332992_n.jpg65184745_556813878186656_1602653178053001216_n.jpg65227482_472822596825941_1884397625306775552_n.jpg64714064_498125877393354_3323266310040715264_n.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 25, 2019 Jun 25, 2019

All good guys thanks for your help but I figured it out myself! All my presets (and photos) have imported successfully.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 21, 2019 Jun 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DNG files are not real XMP presets. They are more like filters, a collection of edit settings that can be applied by copy & paste.

Have you first downloaded them to you PC or Laptop? They are normally copied to the phone by Airdrop (iPhone) or using Dropbox, Google Drive etc. See if the videos at the link below help.

Do you have a subscription to Lightroom on your computer or only the mobile version?

https://www.freepresets.com/product/free-mobile-dng-preset-city-lights/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you add the DNG files to Lightroom on your computer you can save them as User Presets.

Open the DNG in Edit and click Presets at the bottom of the right panel.

Click the three dots at the top of the presets browser and choose Create Preset.

Type in the name of the preset and ensure all boxes are checked and then click Save.

Repeat for each DNG file and you will end up with a list under User Presets.

These can be applied to any image with a single click or you can simply hover over each one to see the effect.

This process creates a true XMP preset and they should show up automatically on your phone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you 99jon for getting back to me so quickly! I just have the mobile version.. Yeah see I have no idea what XMP presets are. I don't know really anything about lightroom so all these technical terms don't make any sense to me haha. Yes, they are DNG when you download them on your desktop and to your photos but as far as I'm concerned they are presets, I bought them as preset packages from a couple that literally make presets for a living so I'm not sure what else I would call them but yeah I was sent a step by step guide on how to do all of that, I know how to import them all onto my mobile lightroom (creating the preset, naming it, clicking the boxes and saving)..

That's not the problem at all, the problem is that NOW I can't seem to import ANY of the presets, which shouldn't be happening considering I've imported them all before and its worked perfectly. Half of them have already been downloaded and are in my user presets.. Now it just says "import failed" every time I try to import another one when I have plenty of storage? I think its an issue with lightroom because its usually pretty straight forward and I've gotten the company to resend the downloads to make sure it wasn't a glitch or anything. Should I maybe try delete and redownload the app and all the presets again? Or maybe the storage in my actual phone might be too much for lightroom to import anymore? I don't know what to do..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 22, 2019 Jun 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m not sure why you can’t import unless it’s a storage limitation on your phone. Are you using the free Lightroom app or are you paying a small subscription for premium services?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2019 Jun 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

99jon​ I think that might be the problem.. I don't have much storage on my phone at the moment (need to cull heaps of photos), would that be whats stopping lightroom from importing any presets/photos? I think I’m paying a small subscription but I might need to get some more storage..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 24, 2019 Jun 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Lightroom subscription at $9.99 pm is only $3 extra but that would provide 1TB of storage. It includes all the premium features and lets you also install Lightroom on your desktop computer. If you wish to go that way you first need to cancel your present subscription in the app store or iTunes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 25, 2019 Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

failed imports shouldn't have anything to do with the cloud storage.
You will get another warning if the disk starts getting full.

It would be great if you could share these four images that keep on failing to import, and also know where you got them from.
Best thing would be if you could give that info to me privately.

Also helpful info would be if you know where you are importing these from:
Photos/Files?
If Files or Photos, do these images reside on iCloud?

Thanks,
Ignacio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's one thing though, if your disk gets full and iOS throws the images away since they are in the cloud, that could be it.
So please try out to see if you can get more disk space on the device.

Thanks,
Ignacio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All good guys thanks for your help but I figured it out myself! All my presets (and photos) have imported successfully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 26, 2019 Jun 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please share what you figured out?

Thanks,
Ignacio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey! I have the same problem, how did you fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!! How did you fix it, I have the same problem 🥺?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is there any chance that you let us know how you solve it? because I have exactly the same issue and storage is not the problem here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines