• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need to hide iPhone X home bar!

Explorer ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When will Adobe fix the coding for LR mobile IOS to enable auto-hiding of the home bar in full screen image viewing mode? At the moment the home bar is always visible, which is a nuisance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what you are asking because I don't recognize the term 'home bar'. Could you provide a screen shot?
That aside: The 'IOS' is not an Adobe item. It's an Apple operating system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google it. Home bar is a new feature on iPhone X. Apple left it to app developers to enable the auto-hide feature. I am writing here so that somebody from Adobe might take notice (they left these forums as a single recourse for those willing to report some issues, there is no other way to reach Adobe.

Why are you replying to a thread if you have no idea of the topic?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why? Because it's a learning process. I barely even notice that tiny, little, thin white line at the bottom of my phone view port.
What I learned is some users view it as a huge issue.

My bet is that Auto Hide feature is a very long way down on the Adobe to-do list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am glad that you barely notice the tiny line (which is not so tiny after all), but I bet your Samsung AMOLED screen does notice it very well! It will be the first spot to show permanent burn-out.

Secondly, Apple went to great lengths to remove all obstructions and distractions from the front panel of the iPhone, in order to maximise screen real estate. Now to put a permanent home bar instead of removed home button seems silly to say the least. They might have just kept the home button and never bothered to catch up with all the Samsung infinity displays!

The home bar is plain pesky and obtrusive, especially in not-yet optimised apps that have full screen media view modes (like photo, video and game apps)! Last time I checked it was there stuck all the time in Apple's own iBooks. Best recipe for AMOLED burnout is to keep a bright line burning on the same spot while you read books for hours!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guess I'm lucky. I use that little scroll bar, It's an excellent app switcher.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, you don't need the bar to use the app switching feature. Just drag the bottom of the screen to switch apps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep! Drag the bottom of the screen RIGHT WHERE THE WHITE BAR IS.

But, it guess, your definition (words used) are better than mine.
EOC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2018 Sep 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Fortunately there is a pretty easy workaround that allows you to disable & hide the home bar while using any app, without jailbreaking your phone:

How to Hide the Home Bar on iPhone X WITHOUT Jailbreaking! Easy Guide! - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines