• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Newbie questions: using LR on an iPad Pro

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a longtime user of LR, now Lightroom Classic CC. But with my MacBook Air getting long in the tooth, I'm thinking about purchasing an iPad Pro to review my 45 megapixel RAW files while on the road. I have a number of questions that I haven't been able to answer from searching this community or other on-line sources. I appreciate anyone taking the time to respond:

1. With iPadOS 13, I understand that I will no longer have to import the files into Photos first. But do they get copied into the iPad's SSD? Or can I use LR Mobile like on my iMac, with the RAW files on an external drive?

2. If the iPad is offline (I often travel in remote areas), what happens? Can I still process the images if the files do not get uploaded to the cloud?

3. Any idea of the LR speed of the iPad Pro compared to a mid-2013 MacBook Air (4th-gen Core i7, 1.7 GHz, 8 GB RAM)?

Thanks in advance!

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Mobile Forum by Moderator} 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, hopefully this may help......

1. Yes, you can now direct import into Lightroom and do not have to import into Photos. The photos get imported into the app (using up disc space), Lightroom cannot link to the external.

2. Yes, you can. If you have imported whilst offline, the files remain in the local cache until they can sync to the cloud, when depending on a number of factors, the full res in the local cache will be replaced. Make sure you have a back up as if the app crashes you could lose the photos.

(Note: If files are already synced to the cloud and you are going on a trip ensure that you Store Album Locally before you travel so you have editable versions in the local cache). 

3. No idea - sorry, although I imagine they are very fast!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines