Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No Cloud Sync and Manual Sorting?

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2017 Dec 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Objectives:

1. To show photos stored on my iMac on my Apple TV (3rd generation) without using iCloud or a Cloud of any sort.
  2. To have the ability to manually sort photos within an album or folder using “drag and drop” (override date tags on photos) 

I currently use the old iPhoto application to view pictures from my hard drive on my Apple TV. I haven’t changed to the newer Photos app for fear of complications. (if it works, don’t fix it). 

What I don’t like about iPhoto and why I’m considering an Adobe product:

• I sometimes have to reboot the Apple TV and/or iTunes to get things to work
  • I cannot manually sort photos within an Event – only an Album. I don’t like having to create an Album from every Event I add to my library just so that I can manually sort my pictures.  Drag and Drop sorting should be much easier. 

When looking at my options it seems every app boasts about syncing with some type of “Cloud”.  I prefer to store my photos locally on my hard drive.

Questions: 

1. Which Adobe product would allow me to view photos stored on my iMac on my Apple TV (3rd generation) without using any “cloud”?
  2. Will this Adobe product allow me to sort photos by “drag and drop”?

If necessary (i don't believe it should be) I would be ok with upgrading to the new Apple TV 4K.

Thanks for any help and or suggestions,

Kevin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 28, 2017 Dec 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

skevin  wrote

Objectives:

1. To show photos stored on my iMac on my Apple TV (3rd generation) without using iCloud or a Cloud of any sort.

Questions: 

1. Which Adobe product would allow me to view photos stored on my iMac on my Apple TV (3rd generation) without using any “cloud”?

Sad to say, there’s no such app from Adobe. You’re basically looking for an app that will allow you to browse media from your computer using the Apple TV. I’m not aware of any, certainly not from Adobe.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines