Exit

No flash when taking .DNG picture

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I’ve been using the Lightroom Mobile

app for quite some time now ans I really love it!

Especially on my new phone, the iPhone X. But there is a problem in the v3.0.1 version of the app! When I want to use the flash for taking a picture (in .DNG format) I can not select it. The icon stays grey-ish. When I switch to .JPG modus the flash works perfectly.

Restarting the app and the phone didn’t solve the problem.

Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug in the app? I hope it works again soon!

Regards,

Coen

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue (iOS, iPhone X). I've seen several other posts about this as well.

Does the flash not function in raw/DNG mode? If so, just tell us Adobe. Is this a bug or expected behavior?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my iPhone 7 it worked just fine. Also, when I want to take a selfie in DNG-modus (not sure if that's what you want by the way..) I was able to enable the 'flash' (so the screen becomes bright). It seems that it's a bug in the connection between the app and the flashlight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2017 Dec 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I have the same problem here. I believe it an issue with the iOS. I tried using the Camera+ app as well and when I changed the image quality to RAW I got this message:

"RAW and Flash Warning :: RAW shooting is currently not compatible with flash on this device. Until a fix is available in a future iOS version, flash will be automatically turned off for you when you are capturing RAW photos. Please, disable RAW manually if you need flash"

Very frustrating, and stupid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have the same problem with my iPhone 8 plus. Flash is disabled, can be turned on if jpeg is chosen instead of dng

On my iPad Pro it works just fine !!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, and sorry for the inconvenience. This issue should be fixed in the latest release of Lightroom CC, version 3.2.1. Please try it again and let us know if you are still experiencing the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note that iOS 11.3 is required to see the fix Jeffrey mentioned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2019 Jul 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This still an issue in iOS 12.3.1 Please fix it. I love the app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2019 Jul 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still an issue with my iPhone Xr, iOS 12.3.1 and LR v. 4.3.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 10, 2019 Jul 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TopherPhotography and Sudo_roots-

Thank you for taking the time to report this. Our engineers are aware that there is currently no flash option when taking dng photos on iOS with some versions and are working on the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 16, 2019 Jul 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to clarify, not all iOS devices are affected.  When Apple releases new devices, we sometimes need help from them to get this working as expected.  We're tracking the issue with them and will offer a fix as soon as possible -- I just can't provide an estimate when that will be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 29, 2020 Feb 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here.  Lightroom CC camera app is completely unusable if you need to use a flash as it stays greyed out.  It's a real shame because I like to use it more than the iPhone "we'll do all the thinking for you" camera app but this prevents me using Adobe first.

iPhone 11 Pro (update 13.3.1)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2020 Mar 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.  iPhone 11 Pro.  Is there a fix available?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here: iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 13.5.1.

Thanks for your attention.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry for the trouble -- we are aware of the issue and currently it is a platform limitation.  We're still working on a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines