• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No Raw mode in an iPad mini 4

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2019 Jun 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I use an iPad mini 4 with the latest version of Lightroom for iPad (4.3.1) but when I use the camera, I don't have the possibility to shoot in Raw mode. Only the JPG mode appears on the left and I can't switch to Raw by clicking on it. Is there any reason? Thank you very much in advance for your answer.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 19, 2019 Jun 19, 2019

Hello,

Actually, iPads running Lightroom can capture DNG and HDR images as long as they have 12 megapixel cameras.  This essentially means only iPad Pro's can capture DNGs and HDRs in the Lightroom app.  This is a hardware requirement, which unfortunately doesn't include the iPad Mini 4.  For this and other info, please see the FAQ here: Common questions about Adobe Photoshop Lightroom for mobile and Apple TV

How can I tell if my iPhone or iPad supports capturing in the Adobe DNG format

Beginning

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi flaberguest,

Raw capture isn't supported on iPads.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, it's not written anywhere! 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 19, 2019 Jun 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Actually, iPads running Lightroom can capture DNG and HDR images as long as they have 12 megapixel cameras.  This essentially means only iPad Pro's can capture DNGs and HDRs in the Lightroom app.  This is a hardware requirement, which unfortunately doesn't include the iPad Mini 4.  For this and other info, please see the FAQ here: Common questions about Adobe Photoshop Lightroom for mobile and Apple TV

How can I tell if my iPhone or iPad supports capturing in the Adobe DNG format

Beginning with version 2.5, Adobe Photoshop Lightroom for mobile (iOS) supports DNG raw image capture on any iPhone or iPad device that has at least a 12-megapixel camera, running at iOS 10.0 or newer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Charlie.D  wrote

Actually, iPads running Lightroom can capture DNG and HDR images as long as they have 12 megapixel cameras.  This essentially means only iPad Pro's can capture DNGs and HDRs in the Lightroom app.

I guess, maybe “Any iPad Pro except the 1st generation 12.9” model.” Which I have, and checked originally when I answered the question. It has an 8mp Camera.

I also have a 2nd gen 10.5” that does have the 12mp camera, and does support DNG. I should have checked that first.

But, thanks for clarifying! I think I’ll mark your answer as correct, since it’s more accurate than mine.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Excellent point, Mike!  Thanks for clarifying!  Really, the key requirement for DNG support on Apple's devices is 12mp cameras .  This does exclude the 2015 iPad Pro 12.9-inch (aka 1st gen iPad Pro).  We have a couple on the team for testing, but it's not a device I have myself, and you know the saying "out of sight, out of mind."  Really, thanks for reminding me and helping users looking for specific device requirements!  🙂

Kind regards,

Charlie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines