• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photos and presets vanished from iPhone after re-installing Lightroom mobile

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i uninstalled the lightroom app  from my iphone x and now all of my photos and presets are gone. and when i log in with my email not only is everything vanished but it weirdly says i'm on a thirty day trial now.

i tried to speak with an adobe representative and they said they couldn't find a light room subscription under my email. i told them lightroom was free for me and i never had to pay. 

im confused. there is no way to use the app without using an email address so why can't lightroom be found under my email. and why am i being told people pay for lightroom when it has always been free on my phone?  i need my pictures and presets! 

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry about the missing images and presets from Lightroom mobile. Lightroom mobile is free to install and some features of the application can be used without having a subscription. Other features (premium features), can only be used through a subscription or if you start a trial for the application. Since you were using the free version, the support team wouldn't have been able to locate a subscription under your account.

In the free version of Lightroom mobile, the data (both images and presets) are stored locally on the phone and not synced to the cloud storage like in the subscription (premium) version. As you mentioned that you uninstalled the application, it may have removed the data stored locally when the application was uninstalled. You can try connecting your iPhone to your computer and check if you are able to locate the data using the steps mentioned here: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/recover-lightroom-mobile-photos-itunes-file-sharing.htm...

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about the images and presets that were supposed to be saved to my cloud during the 30 day trial period? those are not there either? Where are they?

I understand what you're saying. Although Adobe needs to make it clear to people that their images and presets they worked hard for will be deleted when the app is uninstalled with the free version. nobody is going to know until they run into this situation like I did. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you synced the images to the cloud storage during the 30 day trial, you can go to lightroom.adobe.com and check if you are able to locate the images. If you do, you can download them using the Lightroom downloader tool.

Please check: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/kb/download-lightroom-photos.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The work around you sent me unfortunately does not have my previous images. what i see are images that i uploaded after reinstalling the app. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines