• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photos are no longer there in app (Lightroom Android)

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no earthly idea how Adobe Suite works with cloud and sync but my app suddenly had all my 7000 pics disappear. I read that it may be faulty micro sd card so I took it out and reinserted it. No luck. I signed out and back in, still no pics. I deleted app off my phone, reinstalled and only 5000 pics came back, old ones that I had removed from app. I am not sure what I did, but I need ALL those new pics back. HELP! 

TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have a subscription that that will include some form of Cloud Storage. Everything imported into Lightroom Mobile gets synced the the Cloud, depending on the space available there.

If any photos hadn't synced to the Cloud, then deleting the app would delete these from the device.

Do you have a Device back up or still have the missing photos elsewhere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have a subscription. It says my cloud storage is full. Don't really use it so I don't really care. All of my pictures are still on my phone/Micro SD card, well...some are and some aren't anymore. Like I said, the pics in Lr are older ones and I'm not sure where the last couple thousand went from 2 years ago. It seems it stopped importing after 2018...

What can I do to fix this? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have some of the photos on my phone/micro sd card. 

Why would my pictures simply disappear then come back without any new pictures since 2018 after app reinstall? I didn't mess with any sync settings or reinstall the app BEFORE this happened...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you check http://lightroom.adobe.com/ then this is what is in the Cloud.... I assume this is the first 5,000?

The problem seems to be with the app not displaying the photos. After seeing this (the cause could have been technical or could be symptomatic of using wrong login credentials)  and deleting the app it's very likely that the 2,000 photos after these have been wiped from Lightroom, although luckily it seems like you have most.

On reinstall, the 5,000 in the Cloud would them download back to your device (not the high res, just thumbnails and smart previews), so that is what you are currently seeing.

I use it on iOS, so a bit unsure how it works on Android  and if the last 2,000 can be salvaged from within Lightroom. Otherwise, you will have to reimport and edit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines