Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photos are over exposed when I shoot RAW on iPhone 12 Pro and open in lightroom

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've recently upgraded to the iPhone 12 Pro. I was testing shooting raw. However, when I open the photo in lightroom, it's over exposed. It looks normal in my iPhones photo library. Annoyingly I tried deleting and reinstalling the app but this didn't work and I also lost all of my saved presets.

My IOS is up to date. Any ideas?

Images below

photo in camera roll

42D61E10-0B1A-4CEB-A883-0C92A266E914.png

photo when opened in lightroom mobile 

4A334626-899F-4B09-8389-AE4873A26D02.png

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Mobile & Apple TV Forum by Moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Nadia

I'm sorry you lost presets.  If you are using the free version of the app, your photos and presets do not get backed up to Lightroom's cloud storage.  Deleting the free app will also delete the photos and presets that were inside the app, as you discovered.  If you have a recent iTunes or iCloud backup of your iPhone from a point in time when Lightroom still had those presets, your should be able to restored the presets along with Lightroom and all the other apps and files from that backup.

Regarding Apple ProRAW images from the iPhone 12 camera, there is some processing done by Apple to make the images appear the way you see them in the Photos app.  RAW images have a lot of data compared to processed images, and the processing you seee from Apple's own apps is not applied to the image when Lightroom imports it.  We're working on refining our support for these images.  In the mean time, if you tap Auto in the Edit tab or make your own adjustments to exposure you should be able to get those RAW images to display better.  You might also consideer trying to apply RAW Defaults in the Lightroom app Settings for Import -- if you set Adobe Color as the default profile applied to imported images, does this help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines