• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photos not always exporting to camera roll

Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure why, but it seems inconsistent when I try to export images from Lightroom mobile to my camera roll. I'll have photos that are synced/imported in just fine. After I apply a preset and export (with watermark) to camera roll, I find that it sometimes doesn't actually show up in my camera roll, even if I get the "This photo successfully exported" notification. I have to do it again (and sometimes a 3rd or 4th time) before it actually appears in the camera roll. Other times, it works on the first try. Not sure if this is a bug or something else...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on iOS 14?  Does this advice help? https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/kb/lightroom-mobile-ios-14.html

Otherwise, can you check if privacy persmissions are set OK?  Try these steps:

Go to iOS Settings > Privacy > Files and Folders.  Do you see two settings for Lightroom?

Turn them both OFF.  This should reduce this two settings to just one.  Now turn ON the remaining Lightroom setting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on iOS 14 now, though this issue was happening before and now after.. 

In the Privacy > Files and Folders folder, it actually shows nothing on that screen.. just "Applications that have requested access to files and folders will appear here". Odd, because I would assume Lightroom should be here since I have no problem accessing the automatic sync of photos, and the exporting does work some of the time.... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reason I shared that iOS 14 FAQ is that it changes the way all apps other than Photos accesses the camera roll.  In short, check that Lightroom has access to All Photos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Charlie,

Yes, it does

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As mentioned, this issue was happening even before upgrading to iOS 14. Regardless, the app has all access to photos. Sometimes exporting works on the first try, sometimes it takes 2, 3, 4 times before the exported photo shows up in the camera roll - despite the confirmation that it was exported successfully each time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

how exactly do you save to the Camera roll?
Is it over Export to Camera roll or by e.g. Share to... or Export as...?

Thanks,
Ignacio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the Export at the top right corner with the box and arrow pointing up. And then Export to Camera Roll. It then says "This photo successfully exported" in a blue bar along the bottom. And sometimes that's true, and sometimes it's not and I have to go back in and export to camera roll again. Usually the 2nd time works but there's been times I've had to do a 3rd or 4th try. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So, a new discovery to add a layer to this mystery that may/may not explain it...

When I have my camera roll photos AUTOMATICALLY added to Lightroom mobile, and I change preset/export, THAT'S when it's hit or miss whether it actually works on the first try.

However when I turned off the automatic add, and I manually add in a photo from the camera roll, change presets, etc. and THEN export it, it seems to work every time. 

Looks like the issue I had is connected to the automatic sync/add into library

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines