Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photos shown as duplicates in Lightroom mobile

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2017 Jul 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello !

I have Lightroom mobile installed on both my ipad and iphone. I also use the Apple Photos app via the cloud, so when I take a photo with my iphone, it will also be shown on my ipad.

Lightroom mobile is configured on both devices to auto import the photos from the camera roll. When I take a new photo on my iphone, I see the photos twice on Lightroom mobile (one named with the original filename and one as Copy1). On Lightroom desktop on my mac, I can see a folder named Synced Duplicates. When I delete these photos, all the duplicates will be removed on all devices.

My guess is that the duplicates are virtual copies. How can I prevent Lightroom mobile to show my photos twice (as original and virtual copy) ????

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2017 Oct 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One solution would be to turn off "Auto Import" in Lightroom Mobile on either your iPad or iPhone.   The photos are being duplicated across the devices using Apple Photos, so you don't need both devices to import them into Lightroom.

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have noticed this problem and had concluded that I did not need to import on multiple iOS devices unless there is a starter Adobe solution.

Thank you for any help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2018 Apr 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem. I have Lightroom mobile on both an iPhone and iPad. On both devices i have have "Auto Add" disabled, but i still get two copies of every iPhone picture added to my Lightroom CC. Any ideas on how to stop this? In addition to the duplicates being annoying, there are often pictures i take with my phone that i do not need to save.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 28, 2018 Apr 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I do not know how or why LRM is auto importing if you have it turned off.

I use a plugin called Teekesselchen to sort out the duplicates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines