Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Precision about cloud and Lightroom

New Here ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm sorry if my question is "silly" but I'm a new user of Adobe Creative Cloud Lightroom solution.

My question is the following and I cannot find a clear answer on the Adobe site. What is the practical use of the storage volume in the cloud?

In my case I have a SIN and I download all my photos on it. I integrate them into Lightroom Classic on my windows PC and synchronize my workflow to access them on the go via Adobe CC. By doing this my 20 GB of cloud are absolutely not consumed (about 1000 photos to date).

Should I deduce that the storage volume (20 GB in my case) is only used in the case where you want to download your photos directly on the Cloud and in this case I understand the interest of switching to 1 TB. because my iPad would not have enough storage.

Does it mean that if I have a local backup of my photos, I can synchronize an unlimited number of RAW photos while technically I exceed 20 Gb.

Or the fact of synchronizing my collections should still consume space and this is a bug with me?

Thank you,

PS: I'm French, sorry if my English isn't great.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It’s not a bug. Photos sync’d from Lightroom Classic collections are sent to the cloud as smart previews. Unlimited numbers of smart previews can be stored in the cloud and they do not count towards your storage limit.  

Only original raw or jpeg photos count towards your storage limit e.g. photos taken with the Lightroom camera on iPad or phone or photos added directly to Lightroom mobile on iPad or mobile phone or added via the Lightroom web app.

Voir ce lien en français

Lightroom Web

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines